30 day Under consideration almost up

I am applying for my first extension based on marriage, All docs accepted and I was given a 30 day under consideration stamp which expires Sunday 18th Oct.

My wife called Samut Prakan immigration today, and they report my paper work has not come back yet, (This seems to be the paperwork from the home visit). So what happens now, They are closed 17th and 18th. So

do i go on the 16th to find out what is going on ??, will thy give me another extension if they are still waiting on paperwork ??

regards

Freddie

The 30 day report back date is just that. Your under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your application is approved.

Just have your wife call them again on the 16th and then go the office to get your stamp if the approval is in.

• Like 1

I went 2 months past my 30 day consideration date before I got my annual work extension due to Imm delays. No one at Imm seemed to worry about it so I followed their lead. Basically you passport says you are overstayed but technically you are not until you get denied your extension. They will give you what you want when they are damn well good and ready and not a second sooner. Just smile as say thank you.

I went 2 months past my 30 day consideration date before I got my annual work extension due to Imm delays. No one at Imm seemed to worry about it so I followed their lead. Basically you passport says you are overstayed but technically you are not until you get denied your extension. They will give you what you want when they are damn well good and ready and not a second sooner. Just smile as say thank you.

You are not on an overstay in anyway.

The under consideration stamp allows you stay until the application is approved or denied. If denied you would be given 7 days to leave the country.

Refreshing to see logic in the midst of frequent fear of the unknown. Thank-you

I had a similar situation at Korat Immigration.

My paperwork didn't come back from BKK until 4 days after my "extension of stay" had expired.

Immigration said not to come for another extension until the paperwork came and they stressed I would not be on overstay.

When the paperwork came and I went to get the extension stamped in my passport there were several others who had been waiting past their "under consideration" date.

Sounds very much like the regional offices are trying to piss off BKK by overloading then with paperwork?

In reality only applications done in the central region are sent to Bangkok for approval by division 3 immigration.

The northeast goes to division 4.in Korat. The north to division 5 in Chiang Mai. The south to division 6 in Had Yai.

• Like 1

The northeast goes to division 4.in Korat.

Obviously the head offices can't cope therefore somethings wrong.

Many times it not the division headquarters fault, It can be because the local office was slow in sending the application to them.

Many times it not the division headquarters fault, It can be because the local office was slow in sending the application to them.

Why all of a sudden then are we hearing of this problem from various offices around the country? I've never know them to have this problem in my 10 years here. Even when Korat Immigration had Surin and Buriram Provinces all using the one office there wasn't this problem. Something's amiss.

• Haha 1

You are not on an overstay in anyway.

The under consideration stamp allows you stay until the application is approved or denied. If denied you would be given 7 days to leave the country.

Agreed. I should have said it FEELS like overstay when you have an expired visa in your passport and a 30 day consideration stamp also expired by 2 months with nothing to say you were denied or not. I would rather not be stopped on the street by someone authorized to inspect my passport and legal status in the middle of some night and have to explain it. Be much better if Imm just honored the 30 days in a timely fashion.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
18 minutes ago, kralledr said:

when they got all the papers why they send it ti bangkok, what do they check anyway?!

The division headquarters it is sent to reviews your application and then approves or disapproves. No checks are done.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The division headquarters it is sent to reviews your application and then approves or disapproves. No checks are done.

Just a thought but i have been here 12 years on a retirement visa ,going for a marriage this year ,what happens if BKK refuses it ,can you go to an agent ? 

Edited by bert bloggs

12 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just a thought but i have been here 12 years on a retirement visa ,going for a marriage this year ,what happens if BKK refuses it ,can you go to an agent ? 

If in the very unlikely case your application was not approved you would be granted 7 days to leave the country.

This situation always worries me however. I travel a lot for business. What happens if I need to leave the country after my "under consideration" has expired and before I get approval for the EOS?  How do I get a re-entry permit? So far, I have managed to avoid this situation, in one year by receiving my EOS only 2 days before I needed to leave, but I fear this problem every time I have to do this.

What is the rule in this case?

44 minutes ago, Monomial said:

What is the rule in this case?

If you are not here when the under consideration period ends and/or to get your extension stamp done your application become void and is canceled. You would have to start all over again.

Most immigration offices will work with you if you have to leave the country. They can contact the division headquarter to get the approval expedited.