Do you think the single gateway is in place already?

TheCruncher

• 4 weeks later...

Let me give you an update about my issues.

You will remember that until beginning October my connection was perfect, then the problems started.

I'm on BTV coaxial cable internet, which is a CAT reseller.

I started doing pings to the gateway and below are a couple results from today only. The gateway IP address changes about every 30 minutes without me rebooting the router.

The router has been replaced twice already and I have plenty of routers laying around to test with.

Ping statistics for 119.42.121.1:
Packets: Sent = 1324, Received = 1113, Lost = 211 (15% loss)

Ping statistics for 119.42.116.1:
Packets: Sent = 266, Received = 204, Lost = 62 (23% loss)

Ping statistics for 119.42.118.1:
Packets: Sent = 895, Received = 733, Lost = 162 (18% loss)

Ping statistics for 119.42.120.1:
Packets: Sent = 1311, Received = 1148, Lost = 163 (12% loss)

Now the strange thing is that the issue starts around 9am and finishes around 3pm, and also during weekends and holidays there is not a single package loss.

A ping result from last Friday after 5pm, but every evening has similar result.

Ping statistics for 110.78.184.1:
Packets: Sent = 20156, Received = 20156, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

So I call BTV many times, when I have the issue, and also visit them in person but surprisingly they only have technicians available after 3 pm when there is no problem anymore.

One day they even instructed CAT to monitor my IP, but guess what, that day there was no problem so CAT said nothing wrong

Yesterday I went to CAT myself and had a talk with them, and they decided to do ping tests today without informing BTV. Around 9.30 am the lady from CAT called me and asked to switch on my router because she could not ping to it. When I told her that my connection was active, she was confident that there were issues with BTV, and she called them up straight away and instructed them to come check my connection.

Needless to say that BTV didn't show up.

To me it is obvious that BTV fiddles with the connection on their side. If there was a problem with the cable, router or my pc, the problem would be present 24 hours a day, and not only during the business hours of their office.

I'm getting desperate since I have paid 1 year upfront and there is no other provider available where I live.

The slow connections are because it is crap Internet here. Simple as that. Nothing to do with gateways. It's just the bandwidth for international connections is too small because the ISP's don't want to spend more money.

Nope, mine was lightning fast Earley in the year and now there's a 10 second delay to open pages a lot of the time

There definitely monkeying with the internet no matter what they say

Maybe the single Internet gateway is not up and running but I agree something has happened.

I just found a video on Sky News Webpage has been blocked and all I get is the green NCPO screen.

I did a Google search for other sites showing the same video and I can't open any of them. In fact many of the sites have the green screen.

The video has nothing to do with Thailand but is from a CCTV in the restaurant that was attacked in Paris. I have a personal interest in that restaurant so I was a little disappointed that I couldn't see it.

The past few weeks I also have been getting numerous "Connection timed out" messages and often the Internet is down for a minute or so.

I am using True Cable Internet

Edited by petedk

I went to OCPB yesterday and the officer called BTV and told them that if they wanted to proof that the problem is at my side, as they claim, that today should have technician come check at my place right away when I report the problem instead of waiting till 3pm.

They agreed to have a technician stand by.

Anyone surprised there are no issues today?