China Airlines Into Bkk

gbt71fa

Does anybody know which new terminal that China Airlines fliew into at the new BKK airport? Any help would be appreciated.

Only one terminal so..... :o

Well, that would narrow it down now wouldn't it? I will let my wife know. She is picking me up soon and hasn't seen the new airport. Actually, I was just testing everybody...yeah, that's the ticket.

Only one terminal so..... :o
...officially called “Main Terminal” or sometimes also “Main Terminal Building (MTB)”.

With the planned expansion of the airport, there will in future be additional buildings/terminals for some flights to discharge their passengers, but for the moment there is the one and only Main Terminal.

Now, if you were a pilot you would want to know the location of parking/docking stations, but nobody could tell you in advance where you would have to dock your plane.

---------------

Maestro

[ With the planned expansion of the airport, there will in future be additional buildings/terminals for some flights to discharge their passengers, but for the moment there is the one and only Main Terminal.

Now, if you were a pilot you would want to know the location of parking/docking stations, but nobody could tell you in advance where you would have to dock your plane.

---------------

Maestro

Thanks for furthering my information. I looked up some new pictures of the airport, here in thaivisa, and it looks nice. The best airport I have been in though is in Dubai...that is nice.

Ok now that we have established the main bldg as the pickup point, is there a specific area upon leaving customs that our friends, wifes, girlfriends etc need to stand in order to meet us?

The old bldg was you either turned left or right upon exiting the customs area.

Regards, BD

Ok now that we have established the main bldg as the pickup point, is there a specific area upon leaving customs that our friends, wifes, girlfriends etc need to stand in order to meet us?

The old bldg was you either turned left or right upon exiting the customs area.

Regards, BD

I did not think of that Bluedragon! I will second Bluedragon's question.

Visited Suwanboom yesterday. There was confusion regarding which exit passengers would come out through. On the arrival display, there was no detail as to which exit passengers from which flight will use.

There were 3 exits, simply named A,B and C. If the security official's answer to my question was reliable/correct, passengers passing through the customs would be able to view which exit they are leaving through before coming out. So, a good idea to avoid confusion is to fix an exit with your wife eg exit A, B or C. And then, tell them whether you would be turning right or left after exiting as there is no direction to show whether to go right or left.

Hope this answers your question.

Guardian

Guardian's advice is spot on....

I've got guests arriving tomorrow, so I did a similar scouting mission last Friday. This is what I sent to my guests;

When you arrive, you will be on level two.

After clearing immigration, getting your baggage, and passing customs, you will exit through either passenger Exit B or C. I'm pretty sure it will be Exit C, but there is no way of finding out for sure.

I'll be waiting on the same level (two) by Exit C. There are rotating doors out to the street, and they are numbered. I'll probably be in the seats close to the last door, door number 10. (I'll bring a paperback and park myself here- just in case there is a long delay getting your luggage.)

If by chance you come out of Exit B, you will be close to rotating door number 6. Turn left and walk down to Gate C / Door 10 to find me.