Tourist Visa To Workpermit

I am moving to Thailand in December. I read on the board that you don't need to show a return ticket when you apply for a 60 day tourist visa and so I am going to send my passport to the embassy in Los Angelas next week or so. I am running a couple of internet buisnesses and I am planning on starting more soon. I have a safety net in place though if these fail. I have a friend who said that they can hook me up with a job in Thailand and if the need arises than I was wondering how hard it is to change a tourist visa into a workpermit with out having to leave the country. I have actually thought of only using the 60 day visa's and than traveling for a month to Cambodia, Burma, phillippines, and Indonesia for a month or two weeks and than applying for another 60 day visa for Thailand if my buisnesses work out. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Some local Consulates seem to be working under a one visa and don't return policy. Not sure if you will be able to get around that by using different Consulates or not. But if you need to obtain a non immigrant for work it should not be a problem (as long as the job qualifies).

I read on the board that you don't need to show a return ticket when you apply for a 60 day tourist visa

The official MFA instruction (as Lopburi posted awhile back) is that a roundtrip ticket *is* required for a tourist visa. But this, apparently, is rarely enforced. (However, I do recall a poster saying the New York Consulate enforced it, at least for him.)

As long as you're mailing your application, why not use an honorary consulate? Phone numbers can be found on the Web, and a chat ahead of time might even land you a Non Imm... In any event, they're easier to talk to, since they're all locals (Texan, 'tho', is sometimes a little difficult to decipher).