How do I get custody of my thai son

Stefan1971

I hope to get reliable information from people with similar experiences here.

3 months ago I found out that my girlfriend is cheating on me with a Thai man. I played the game with a while. A month ago I told her I bring my son to Germany my parents visit with the background to bring him to safety. The mother of my son agreed said ok.4 days ago she told me she goes to Tesco Lotus shopping with my son and disappeared with him. She wrote to me later if I want to have my son I should pay 3 million bath .Her whole family is behind me and supported me. The family is ready for me to testify that I get the custody quickly and my son comes home. We do not know where she bring him and i am so worried about him. The passport of my son is in my possession, she asked me where his Pass is and now I'm worried that she wants to leave.What can I do and how should I proceed. I tried to talk to her in order to do the best for our son, but hopeless. Money isent a problem for me but she blackmailing . Bevore i pay her 3 million i go the hard way to the law and safe the money for my son live.

I know not to many will agree with me.......but if you want to do it the easy way, barter her down to 1..or...1.5 tie it up with a lawyer take your son, & go live the rest of your life sabbi .

To take a son from his mother in Thailand----even if the rest of the family like you..................Just not easy.

Stage 1: Tell her to keep him because you are going to move back to Europe. Tell her that your parents are gong to give you 5 milion euros because they are very lucky and they won the lottery, and you don't care about her or your son anymore. She will lose all power over you and she won't want the boy.

Stage 2: Tell her you will give her the money in Euros when she brings the boy to Germany and hands him over along with a legal document giving you sole custody.

Then don't pay.

I might be tempted to go the legal way and consider it a case of kidnap, the attempt to extort money, and the evidence you have of it may well help.

You had 3 months to get your ducks lined up, a shame she got the jump on you.

She can only hide out with someone she knows, her home village, a sister, a brother, a good friend, relatives and family of the Thai man she was seeing.

Good luck and beware of getting over stressed on this.(and doing something rash).

Edited by jacko45k

Personally? I think it is bad to hold a child for ransom... It is wrong, but hey what can I say... That is not the kind of game that I would play. Maybe let them handle it, and see how it works out.... wai2.gif

Second is that you made the child together, if she has no respect, then forget it. Have you done DNA tests? Where do you live in Thailand?

Edited by kerrysum

No havend do an DNA Test just after borne we was @ amphoe goverment and my son take my last name and i be also insite the borne paper.

Her family dosen't know to where she is, i try to get information from friends she not stay far becouse she dosent have money but she know the way to get. i tryd hard to talk with her clear and do the best for our son but no respect. I keep his passport but cant be shure she order a new but i remember his first passport i have to come also qnd sign the paper.

@fabfil, absolut shure i be the father you will belive when i show you the pic of me and my son :)

She never was bad bevore always nice all the time and the new guy she just got month qgo. But start from this time she turnt and the new guy is 10 years more young then her she 31 and he 21. I thing this gut control her coz she hqve faran what means money. My son is just the tool to get this done but i be ready cool down and i will get him sooner or later,vwe just try to finde a mobile tracking ho works to finde her location :)

There are no laws protecting you or her. Basically the pisession is 9/10 of the law

I would check school records. They have to be registered. Then go get him no problem. Or anywhere she I her family knows where she is guaranteed. Do not trust them. You can go to AIS and get her phone records and then start calling. Many ways to find people in Thailand.I just went through the same thing with my two sons. I have them both and full custody now. Only blood gets respect here

Give her a million at amphur when paper is signed to give you custody ,take your passport with you ,Id your wife and book for home ,take a Thai you trust to make sure it's correct not a family member ,they won't betray your wife is she cheats you ,after its signed pay and change your number

You don't give much information about your situation.

Does she have money or access to your mutual funds? If so close the accounts immediately and in no circumstances give her any money. None.

I have seen these situations before and the Thai guy is there fleecing her out of money. When money gone she will have no choice but to do whatever you want. I don't see any love in Thailand without money. Or is the Thai guy rich? Normally Thai guys do not want to take care of anybody else's children. Seen that too.

If I were you I would go for a holiday for a month or so and wait for her phone call. And only meet in very public place like shopping center. You never know what they can come up with her "boyfriend".

It may sound cruel but if you give in an inch, you lose. And don't buy the bullshit when she starts to threaten you or the child. She will at the point when she is desperate.

Personally, in your situation, I would play uninterested. No contact. No money. Nice holiday in some nice place with few ladies leaning to your shoulder. That would make her come to her senses. And after just leave her with nothing and take the child to your country. If me, I would probably let her deal with the kiddoe too and wait until the child is of age when can decide to meet you or whatever.

I also would let the local police know and make a report and before that contact your own embassy for advice.

I have been in the same situation. Had an agreement drawn up by my lawyer, and signed at the family court, stipulating the days my child could stay with me, and the penalty of failing to adhere was that guardianship would revert to me. One day she didn't show up, I went to the nearest police station to where my son was in kindergarten, showed them the document, they called up the family court and were given permission for me to collect my child. I did and took off, elsewhere in Thailand. If you would like to know the steps I have since undertaken please send me a private message.

She can not get a passport without you.In thai law you have 50% custody right now,so what she is doing right now is abducting your child.Get a lawyer asap.Would be great if you can prove she tried to blackmail you.Don't worry to much if this goes to court house you will win the custody sure.

She can not get a passport without you.In thai law you have 50% custody right now,so what she is doing right now is abducting your child.Get a lawyer asap.Would be great if you can prove she tried to blackmail you.Don't worry to much if this goes to court house you will win the custody sure.

Yeah she can, they are not married, he has no parental rights in Thailand.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I might be tempted to go the legal way and consider it a case of kidnap, the attempt to extort money, and the evidence you have of it may well help.

She can only hide out with someone she knows, her home village, a sister, a brother, a good friend, relatives and family of the Thai man she was seeing.

Good luck and beware of getting over stressed on this.(and doing something rash).

It's very possible to take this to court and win. The easier way would be to pay her but that holds no guarantee for the future. I'd try the legal way first, focusing on the lifestyle and educational options offered in Germany. Good Luck.

Yeah she can, they are not married, he has no parental rights in Thailand.

Yes you are correct,I thought they are married,then it is difficult.I had same problem but I have documents from a Thai family court saying I'm the father of my daughter.Well he needs a lawyer asap

This is the easiest question in the world, JUST PAY IT,, 3mil sound resonable.. you can forget about getting anywhere in a Thai court, no way they will side with you as SHE is the kids mother, even courts in the west side with the mother unless she is unfit.. screw around with the thai court you'll pay the lawyer and get nowhere.. She is the mother and you are in her country, you have no options..i wouldn't exactly trust that family of hers, probably just playing you to get all the info, they know you badly want the kid, because you been talking with these 'friends' pay now before the price goes up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's very possible to take this to court and win. The easier way would be to pay her but that holds no guarantee for the future. I'd try the legal way first, focusing on the lifestyle and educational options offered in Germany. Good Luck.

I don't believe any Thai court would award custody to a foreign parent they knew intended to take the child out of Thailand.

Especially if the Thai parent objected.

Firstly do not pay her one baht. It will be the boyfriend who is pushing her to do this. I have two English friends, one in Bangkok and the other in Samui who had similar problems. Both went to the police with a lawyer, both went to court and both got full custody of their children (one of the guys has two children). Keep all of the communications to show the police and if I were you, I'd be telling them how this boyfriend is a well known drug dealer etc and you think rnwife might be buying drugs from him as about a month ago, a lot of cash started disappearing...... The courts are actually very fair and do have the best for the child at the front of their thinking. Don't believe her family, they will likely be involved. Good luck

If she's with the Thai boyfriend then you have the upperhand, not her.

The Thai boyfriend maybe doesn't want her without the farang's money, but 100% doesn't want the farang's child without the cash.

"Take what I offer or I hope the 3 of you the best"

Would be nice to have a picture of his face when it dawns on him he might be lumped with a farang child.

After he dumps her, renegotiate.