Verdict delayed in Chuwit beer-bar demolition case

webfact

I doubt that many Thai politicians could stand up to scrunity that western politicians are subjected to for their past business deals etc. In fact many would be disqualified due to illegal acts they were comvected of but never jailed.

The man might be regarded as a repentent sinner who has seen the error of his past ways. I am not privilaged to know all the pertnent facts, thus neither condone or condem the individual. I do think he makes for some people hitting panic buttons when he becomes specific in some of his charges against those in authority.

He is good for a chuckle every now and again and apparently has outflanked his opposition on several occasions, in the past, the result here will be interesting if we ever hear any more about it.

If the courts can just drag this out for 2 more years the statute of limitations will have passed. Not an accident methinks, and I'm quite certain some authority figures have been richly rewarded for their part in this farce. Another reminder that Thailand has never suffered such a corrupt regime as the present one.

The statute of limitations doesn't apply after court proceedings have been initiated. That's why Americans were anxious to get bankers arraigned during Obama's first term. If the time limit passes before legal proceedings have been started, the perpetrator goes free. If he/she has already been charged before a court the proceedings continue without time limit. It doesn't sound like there's any way he could stretch this out for twenty-five or thirty years until all the witnesses are dead, which is the usual way for handling these little embarrassments.

I hope that the Court increase his sentence for wasting everybody's time and money!!!! He is just trying to wriggle out of a prison sentence and is no more sincere than any other wealthy Thai politician, businessman, general etc.

Correct.

He lied to the court repeatedly, but was obviously alerted of the forthcoming verdict will be.

Change of mind: I have lost by lying, so I will make my confession before the verdict is read, thus earning leniency.

In the OP, he actually admits he's been committing perjury!

he knew he'd lost and is squirming for a reduction mentioning Buddha etc. it's all a sham

Not only a sham but isn't he also admitting to committing perjury at the other court hearings?

Ah, but if your rich, well connected, famous or involved in the murky world of Thai politics, perjury, like the law itself, doesn't seem to really be applied.

A former pimp turned politician - a master of shams probably.

He owned the land, tried to evict the people occupying it but they refused to leave so he took the mater in to his own hands...

If that is breaking the law then the government is breaking the same law every time they reclaim land from people occupying it along the beaches and in the national parks because it's the same dilemma: Someone is occupying the land that doesn't belong to them. And the same will go for the latest cleanup operation in BKK as people where occupying/living on land belonging to BKK and not them.

How would you react if someone builds a house on your land, start doing business and then refuse to leave when you ask them to?

The people weren't occupying the land. They had paid leases.

Not the full story.

They paid rent to his Indian manager. Who took all the money and ran away.

His argument at the time was that he has not received any payment and therefore all must vacate .

I lived in Soi 10 at the time.

After he did it, he turned land into a public park as a "merit " to give to people.

Some say he did it because he was told to do it .

Not even close.

Unless you're telling us that Chuwit discussed the whole affair within earshot of the neighbors, where you were living is irrelevant.

I knew a couple of shop owners in the complex, and even THEY didn't know the actual story at the time. It has since been discussed in detail on several venues, including TV. Suggest you read up a bit...

Another frequent poster lived on Soi 10 at the time, and never heard of the place...some herbal guy...

Cracks me up...so desperate to be the guys 'in the know'..

He owned the land, tried to evict the people occupying it but they refused to leave so he took the mater in to his own hands...

If that is breaking the law then the government is breaking the same law every time they reclaim land from people occupying it along the beaches and in the national parks because it's the same dilemma: Someone is occupying the land that doesn't belong to them. And the same will go for the latest cleanup operation in BKK as people where occupying/living on land belonging to BKK and not them.

How would you react if someone builds a house on your land, start doing business and then refuse to leave when you ask them to?

Not the full story.

His argument at the time was that he has not received any payment and therefore all must vacate .

After he did it, he turned land into a public park as a "merit " to give to people.

Not even close.

Unless you're telling us that Chuwit discussed the whole affair within earshot of the neighbors, where you were living is irrelevant.

I knew a couple of shop owners in the complex, and even THEY didn't know the actual story at the time. It has since been discussed in detail on several venues, including TV. Suggest you read up a bit...

Another frequent poster lived on Soi 10 at the time, and never heard of the place...some herbal guy...

I do not know if some people are mentally challenged or just like to appear to be smart., though from your posting history, its pretty clear where you fall in

You knew a few owners and they did not know?giggle.gif

Yes bar girls usually are not aware of what happens within managements, so let me try to break it down to you like a a 5 year old.

He had a manager, man from India who handled his affairs.

This man collected rents , key money and managed the place.

This Indian man took all the money and did the runner,

Chuwit did not get a single baht, and hence he was out of pocket he told all shops to get out so he can re-rent and be paid.

Naturally all refused, so he showed up in a truck full of army soldiers and demolished the entire place.

After that, many shop owners went crazy, so to avoid further action by police (as clearly Chuwit was and is well connected), he was advised to donate the area to the city.

As he did, then about 10 years later, he also built a house there for himself, however park remains a public property, however under his management and his rules.

Now run back to another hooker and ask her to tell you the real story.

Another poster lived in soi 10 and never heard of Chuwit Park? i suggest you cut back on medication or may be increase the dosage.

Its right at the entrance to soi 10 on the right hand side, with high walls and fountain inside.facepalm.gif

Edited by konying

Not the full story.

Not even close.

I do not know if some people are mentally challenged or just like to appear to be smart., though from your posting history, its pretty clear where you fall in

You knew a few owners and they did not know?giggle.gif

Yes bar girls usually are not aware of what happens within managements, so let me try to break it down to you like a a 5 year old.

He had a manager, man from India who handled his affairs.

This man collected rents , key money and managed the place.

This Indian man took all the money and did the runner,

Chuwit did not get a single baht, and hence he was out of pocket he told all shops to get out so he can re-rent and be paid.

Naturally all refused, so he showed up in a truck full of army soldiers and demolished the entire place.

After that, many shop owners went crazy, so to avoid further action by police (as clearly Chuwit was and is well connected), he was advised to donate the area to the city.

As he did, then about 10 years later, he also built a house there for himself, however park remains a public property, however under his management and his rules.

Now run back to another hooker and ask her to tell you the real story.

Another poster lived in soi 10 and never heard of Chuwit Park? i suggest you cut back on medication or may be increase the dosage.

Its right at the entrance to soi 10 on the right hand side, with high walls and fountain inside.facepalm.gif

Your account is just clearly wrong, and no amount of ad hominem ranting and attempts at insult will change that.

Here are a few hints, for those not brain dead:

Saen Pinyo Co.
BTR Holding Co.
Tisco (not Tesco)
Sukhumvit Silver Star Co.
Nickle Co.

I won't recount the entire litany for the intellectually lazy, but Google can be helpful, given the ability to search intelligently.

Oh, and I didn't say I knew bargirls in Sukhumvit Square (although I did know one or two). I said I knew shop owners, and Malaysian Auntie was among them, along with an aircon pool bar owner, who is still around, and prominent. But nice try.

BTW, just what does 'konying' purport to mean? That you're a 'girl person'?

Just wondering...

Your account is just clearly wrong, and no amount of ad hominem ranting and attempts at insult will change that.

Saen Pinyo Co.

BTR Holding Co.

Tisco (not Tesco)

Nickle Co.

I won't recount the entire litany for the intellectually lazy, but Google can be helpful, given the ability to search intelligently.

Oh, and I didn't say I knew bargirls in Sukhumvit Square (although I did know one or two). I said I knew shop owners, and Malaysian Auntie was among them, along with an aircon pool bar owner, who is still around, and prominent. But nice try.

Just wondering...

Perfect example of someone posting utter drivel, claiming to know, yet not even basic understanding of Thai language.

Hope your next 10 day holiday coming up sooncheesy.gif

Yes a Malaysian auntygigglem.gif

Saen Pinyo Co.

BTR Holding Co.

Tisco (not Tesco)

Nickle Co.

Just wondering...

Perfect example of someone posting utter drivel, claiming to know, yet not even basic understanding of Thai language.

Hope your next 10 day holiday coming up sooncheesy.gif

Yes a Malaysian auntygigglem.gif

Well, I bow to your superior knowledge, and, especially, the overpowering logic you use. Captain of the debate team, no doubt.

And, oh, those emoticons - devastating!

History according to Konying...can it get any better?

So, please fill in the details for us, and include a Thai lesson to help us poor sods who have only 30 years time in Thailand...

Thanks so much, dak ling...

Well, I bow to your superior knowledge, and, especially, the overpowering logic you use. Captain of the debate team, no doubt.

And, oh, those emoticons - devastating!

History according to Konying...can it get any better?

So, please fill in the details for us, and include a Thai lesson to help us poor sods who have only 30 years time in Thailand...

Thanks so much, dak ling...

I already did, but i guess it went WAY over your head, glad your bar lessons are paying offcheesy.gif