Marriage Visa Extetnion Funds

Hi,

Could someone please clariy with factual info, not opinion or hearsay the following question.

Once the 400,000 has been transfered from overseas into a Thai bank to obtain your marriage visa one year extention, can the same funds simply remain in the account and then be used again in subsequent years?.......or do the funds have to be seen to enter the country from overseas each and every year?

Many Thanks.

Hi,

Could someone please clariy with factual info, not opinion or hearsay the following question.

Once the 400,000 has been transfered from overseas into a Thai bank to obtain your marriage visa one year extention, can the same funds simply remain in the account and then be used again in subsequent years?.......or do the funds have to be seen to enter the country from overseas each and every year?

Many Thanks.

I have just done this so can assure you this is fact.

They want to see 400k baht in your bank account when you go to immigration. They want to see it has come from outside of the country, although personally I have never been asked for the cetificate to prove this??

You can leave the 400k baht in the bank all year if you want and they will want to see 400k baht in the bank the next year.

Last year it took 3 months (3 visits - not uncommon I am told) for me to get my extension and in that time I drew out about 70000 baht for living expenses - they were very unhappy about this and I had to top it up again with money from the UK!! No problems really, I got the extension and it just took a couple of weeks to transfer the money.

On a personal note though - if you do not use ANY of the money in the bank account all year - they may wonder what you are living on in Thailand??? - so best to use that money and top it up again during the year with fresh money from outside the country - unless you have a Work Permit for Thailand that is.

good luck

Dsfbrit,

Absolutely spot on info mate. Just what i wanted to hear. Many thanks for taking the time to write it all out clearly. Also, your advise on the "topping up" throughout the year is most welcome.

Again my thanks.

Cheers!