Polish expat found hanged in garden of rented Phuket home

webfact

Polish expat found hanged in garden of rented Phuket home
Eakkapop Thongtub

1444969013_1-org.jpg
The man was found hanged behind the rented home in Cherng Talay.

PHUKET: -- A Polish expat was found hanged behind his rented home in Cherng Talay yesterday afternoon (Oct 15). Police are treating the death as suicide.

Cherng Talay police received a call from Paitoon Linlapho, 53, at 4pm stating that the tenant of his property, a foreign man, had been found hanged at the rented house Soi Khok Tanod 10 in Cherng Talay.

Police arrived at the house with Kusoldharm rescue workers and were behind the house where the body of the victim hanging from a metal structure with a nylon rope.

The victim was, a 53 year old from Poland (name withheld until his family has been notified) had a two inch long slash to his left wrist.

Lt Sunan Phetnoo, an investigator from Cherng Talay police said, “The man had been dead for at least two days and his body has now been taken to Thalang Hospital.

“Inside the house we found two empty bottles of alcohol, one half empty bottle and a syringe. There were no signs of foul play, assault or robbery.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/polish-expat-found-hanged-in-garden-of-rented-phuket-home-54566.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-16

In almost ALL cases where a deceased person is mentioned,it bothers me to just close the post without leaving a sincere condolences.

As in all human cases when death occurs there was a beginning, birth, parents, friends maybe wife/kids etc.we don't know.

My Condolences offered to the family involved.

A two inch long gash in his left wrist, but there was no sign of violence?

Tell me, was there a chair or bench, or something, nearby that he would have had to stand on to commit suicide?

Dead falang? Oh, it's suicide. Never mind that his head is bashed in, or there's a machete sticking out of his back. It was suicide.

rescue services have had a busy week, they may start claiming O/T

where was his mobile & wallet ? what medicine was in his room ? was his thai gf at her mothers house ?

cannot just make a ruling without knowing all the above .............

Edited by steven100

Apparently there is no such thing as a genuine suicide occurring in Thailand. According to our very own experts at Sukhumvit Road.

Armchair detectives are a dime a dozen and few people, except maybe other TVF sleuths, take much notice of anything they say. biggrin.png

rescue services have had a busy week, they may start claiming O/T

where was his mobile & wallet ? what medicine was in his room ? was his thai gf at her mothers house ?

cannot just make a ruling without knowing all the above .............

why don,t you just keep repeating yourself,from post to post.

Apparently there is no such thing as a genuine suicide occurring in Thailand. According to our very own experts at Sukhumvit Road.

Armchair detectives are a dime a dozen and few people, except maybe other TVF sleuths, take much notice of anything they say. biggrin.png

Thailand reports suicides proven or not, NZ does not report suicides in the media and has one of the highest if not highest suicide rates in the world.

Maybe that's why there seems so many in Thailand.

How many are true suicide? we don't know.

Rip.

In almost ALL cases where a deceased person is mentioned,it bothers me to just close the post without leaving a sincere condolences.

As in all human cases when death occurs there was a beginning, birth, parents, friends maybe wife/kids etc.we don't know.

family and friends are not likely to see your post. So whats the point?

I think the suicide rate is quite high in Thailand because the simple fact is there are so many people that come here to die! Most are in their 50s or more, at this age not easy to find a job, family most likely have their own problems, money is running low or gone, possibly most are drinking above average with little or no exercise etc! This plus other social & economic problems fuels depression which leads to suicide, not everyone is out to kill you in Thailand. With all this being said you have to keep your wits about you, and avoid leaning over balcony's with your in-laws/outlaws loitering behind you! RIP 52 is far to young.

For some people, it's their only option and as much as that saddens me, people will continue to commit suicide. It's entirely possible that people make the choice to live their last few years in LOS to go out having enjoyed a last fling and for that, I admire them. RIP my friend.

For some people, it's their only option and as much as that saddens me, people will continue to commit suicide. It's entirely possible that people make the choice to live their last few years in LOS to go out having enjoyed a last fling and for that, I admire them. RIP my friend.

You admire people that commit suicide, I only pity them, in their inner darkness the only way they could see the light was by killing themselves! Suicide is a selfish act. It can and often does ruin the lives of those who are left behind, and even cause them to do it themselves. However, people who are suicidal are sick. Their illness makes it impossible to be anything but selfish. They are in a place where it is basically impossible to see or give a damn about anything other than what’s going on in their own head. People who want to end it need help first and foremost. Sometimes they seek it out, sometimes they need someone to drag them to help kicking and screaming, but you owe it to those you care about to fight for them even if they don’t want to fight for themselves. To admire someone like this is wrong!

...any death warrants investigation...

..the owner just 'happened by'......

...sounds like bullsh*t to me....

...and anybody can plant empty bottles...syringes...whatever...

...what was he doing in Thailand...how long....girlfriend or wife cleaned him out....if so...they should begin pressing charges....

...cheating someone out of everything they have/had sounds like a crime to me...

...as for the comment 'people come here to die'.....let's see how you end up.......

...people come here full of hope....but have no idea of the level of deceit that thrives in this vortex.....

Tell me, was there a chair or bench, or something, nearby that he would have had to stand on to commit suicide?

Dead falang? Oh, it's suicide. Never mind that his head is bashed in, or there's a machete sticking out of his back. It was suicide.

Actually George, the wrist laceration kind of indicates the man desperately wanted to die. I guess you never heard the one about the Detective in a prominent North American town declaring the woman dead on her back was a suicide. It wasn't until the Coroner came that the cause of death was determined to be acute lead poisoning of the brain from the back of the head in the beginning of a string of similar overdoses.

Only in Thailand you say? Pity.

family and friends are not likely to see your post. So whats the point?

About as much point as you telling him.

Actually George, the wrist laceration kind of indicates the man desperately wanted to die. I guess you never heard the one about the Detective in a prominent North American town declaring the woman dead on her back was a suicide. It wasn't until the Coroner came that the cause of death was determined to be acute lead poisoning of the brain from the back of the head in the beginning of a string of similar overdoses.

Only in Thailand you say? Pity.

Please, in all your pompousness, show me where I said ANYTHING about "only in Thailand". If you can't do that, then keep your asinine comments to yourself.

You admire people that commit suicide, I only pity them, in their inner darkness the only way they could see the light was by killing themselves! Suicide is a selfish act. It can and often does ruin the lives of those who are left behind, and even cause them to do it themselves. However, people who are suicidal are sick. Their illness makes it impossible to be anything but selfish. They are in a place where it is basically impossible to see or give a damn about anything other than what’s going on in their own head. People who want to end it need help first and foremost. Sometimes they seek it out, sometimes they need someone to drag them to help kicking and screaming, but you owe it to those you care about to fight for them even if they don’t want to fight for themselves. To admire someone like this is wrong!

Some of your post is right and some of your post is wrong. This is my opinion. I base it on first hand experience of someone very close committing suicide. I still admire him.

Who are we to judge others? They make the choice and to do so must take huge strength. I do not condone and I know how much pain is left behind but it is their choice.

I do however feel very sad when people do this. Specially over finances as these things can be sorted out. I understand more when they have no one left that feels for them.

It sounds like he planned it quite a while in advance. With that much alcohol, a syringe (we don't know if he actually injected anything), and wrist slash, I think the hanging was just a fail safe to make sure he didn't mess up.

I hope he went out without pain. We'll never know his reasons or just where his mindset was at the time, but I'd hazard a guess that it had been going on for quite some time, and not and instant choice.