IKEA - Help - bulk buy

Refresh

Hi

looking for advice. I understand from other posts that there is no online or over the phone ordering from IKEA. I need to buy 10 mattresses and 4 sofas and a bunch of other stuff - I cannot possibly pick it all in one go to take to the shipping department - any advice on how I can get help with 10 double mattresses and 4 sofas through the checkouts? I will then ship it south of Krabi

thanks for any advice

One of the things that impresses me about Asia is the lengths they'll go to make a transaction work.

I can't speak for IKEA specifically, but if it were Big C or TESCO near my home in BKK, I'd point out what I want, fill in the papers to tell them where I need it delivered, and go home and wait for it.

That's how I've bought quite a few major (and minor) appliances and never once had to schlepp them through the checkout. They have people to do that for me, and fairly comfortable desks to fill in the paperwork.

Edit: Unlike back home where almost everyone has access to a 4 wheel vehicle, delivery here is the norm, even for relatively small purchases - it's cheap, and very common.

Edited by impulse

One of the things that impresses me about Asia is the lengths they'll go to make a transaction work.

I can't speak for IKEA specifically, but if it were Big C or TESCO near my home in BKK, I'd point out what I want, fill in the papers to tell them where I need it delivered, and go home and wait for it.

That's how I've bought quite a few major (and minor) appliances and never once had to schlepp them through the checkout. They have people to do that for me, and fairly comfortable desks to fill in the paperwork.

Edit: Unlike back home where almost everyone has access to a 4 wheel vehicle, delivery here is the norm, even for relatively small purchases - it's cheap, and very common.

+1

No experience with IKEA but everyone else you buy it, they come deliver and mount it.