What is the best approach to get a job here in Thailand?

I run a software company here in Chiang mai. The best way to get a job is:

1. get to know the targetted company as much as possible.

2. get connected in linkedin to employees of that company.

3. get in touch with them to hear even more about that company.

4. find out what you can do, to make this company better.

Then contact HRM or the department head with your findings.

I guarantee you, Thai people will never do these actions and you will stand out.

yes, finding a job is a full time job!

Regards,

Hans

Brilliant thank you Hans ! I am saving your post in a Word File !

If you want to work in Thailand you should read and speak Thai (good Luck)

If i wanted to work in Israel i should know Hebrew, Arabic impossible for me.

Can you see the picture

Not really. It depends on the industry and the company (at least in Israel).

be a slacker.

seriously, maybe show up. knock knock, handshake , some glue can work too these days. just try.

I've been trying this for almost two years now. I visit there quit a lot.

As a degree qualified "professional" in institutional investments/ banking I suggest you approach the major Thai banks.

I've been sending them my resume, but to no avail sad.png . I believe that my non-local address maybe a deterrant.

Definitely. If you are not living here, I doubt you will get hired.

If you want to work in Thailand you should read and speak Thai (good Luck)

If i wanted to work in Israel i should know Hebrew, Arabic impossible for me.

Can you see the picture

No....and i work in Thailand and my Thai is crap..... and your point is ?

I guarantee you, Thai people will never do these actions and you will stand out.

Regards,

Hans

Yeah put it a file called "restraining orders and stalking laws"......this sagely advice has come off a dipsh@t "how to" website or a written by some idiot " consultant" in a book....pull stuff like that in the real world will have company concerned running a mile....

Get yourself a double entry tourist Visa. That will give you 6 months. Before you come, map out your plan of attack; businesses you would want to work for, jobs you would consider, minimum salary (and if this is indeed about a girl...multiply that minimum salary by 3).

Once you have your plan together, get over here and hit the bricks. No screwing around...I would not even tell the girl you are here. All business, no playtime. You have 6 months to secure a position. If you cannot do that in 6 months then you can conclude it is not meant to be.

That is the best advice I can give.

If you speak English well you can get work (not legal unless you do a TOEIC exam) even if you are a non native English speaker. This can tide you over but if you don't have savings enough to last for 6 months than I would scrap the whole plan until you do have 6 months of 'burn' cash on hand. Live cheaply while job searching...no booze, no girls, no western food.

If you cannot do this...your chances are slim to none.

Edited by tonray

There is a segment of Thai society that have gone to international schools, received a good degree and then earned a Masters in Europe or the US.

These people are at least bilingual, come from good families with contacts and they get senior positions in Thailand very easily.

You would be competing with people like this. Unless you have something very special and niche (such as an excellent track record of making tremendous profits) then it is going to be next to impossible to realise your dream.

Get yourself a double entry tourist Visa. That will give you 6 months. Before you come, map out your plan of attack; businesses you would want to work for, jobs you would consider, minimum salary (and if this is indeed about a girl...multiply that minimum salary by 3).

Once you have your plan together, get over here and hit the bricks. No screwing around...I would not even tell the girl you are here. All business, no playtime. You have 6 months to secure a position. If you cannot do that in 6 months then you can conclude it is not meant to be.

If you speak English well you can get work (not legal unless you do a TOEIC exam) even if you are a non native English speaker. This can tide you over but if you don't have savings enough to last for 6 months than I would scrap the whole plan until you do have 6 months of 'burn' cash on hand. Live cheaply while job searching...no booze, no girls, no western food.

My main problem is time. I'm not willing to gamble on my current workplace.

If you are currently enjoy secure employment I agree it would be extremely unwise to give that up in the hope of finding a job in Thailand.

Even if a job can be found you will be very lucky to be offered a contract in excess of 12 months and would be subject always to the requirements of Immigration and the Ministry of Labour. These requirements can only be met if the employer understands the requirements and is co-operative in ensuring the requirements are met.

With all due respect, even if you were offered a good job by a Thai banking concern...you could be terminated a month later for any reason, yes you could head down to the Labor Ministry and file a complaint...but my point being....any relocation will be gambling on your current job. if you are not willing to take the risk...you should not think of living and working overseas.....

With all due respect, even if you were offered a good job by a Thai banking concern...you could be terminated a month later for any reason, yes you could head down to the Labor Ministry and file a complaint...but my point being....any relocation will be gambling on your current job. if you are not willing to take the risk...you should not think of living and working overseas.....

Oh, about that I'm sure. I'm not one of those employees who get fired. I won't elaborate here. The only reason I can see for firing me is the company going bankrupt.

For me, the chances I'll get fired are equal to those in my home country.

Oh, about that I'm sure. I'm not one of those employees who get fired. I won't elaborate here. The only reason I can see for firing me is the company going bankrupt.

Work in Thailand for a while and you will see the folly of that thinking. I have seen people who were well thought of on Monday...gone on Thursday morning because they looked at someone the wrong way (or argued a valid point)....Thai culture demands you respect their way (which you will not always be aware of) and sometimes too late to correct your error. I wish you well but easier to be fired here for unexplained reasons than in the West (or Israel).

Edited by tonray

Work in Thailand for a while and you will see the folly of that thinking. I have seen people who were well thought of on Monday...gone on Thursday morning because they looked at someone the wrong way (or argued a valid point)....Thai culture demands you respect their way (which you will not always be aware of) and sometimes too late to correct your error. I wish you well but easier to be fired here for unexplained reasons than in the West (or Israel).

I got your point :)

I'll remember your warning

I know if i was interviewing you and you displayed that sort of arrogance you wouldnt get the job, confidence is good trait, arrogance is a bad trait Edited by Soutpeel

easiest way to find a Job IMO is to learn speaking, reading and writing Thai language perfectly. If you speak, read and write like a local, you will have tremendous opportunities, even if you do not have a degree. It can be done but most farang simply do not make an effort.....

• 2 weeks later...

Regards,

Hans

Yeah put it a file called "restraining orders and stalking laws"......this sagely advice has come off a dipsh@t "how to" website or a written by some idiot " consultant" in a book....pull stuff like that in the real world will have company concerned running a mile....

I typical 'thaivisa' answer....people, people.....

I probably waste my effort here, but still, i try, another nice article on this very subject:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-get-any-job-you-want-even-youre-unqualified-raghav-haran