australias disability support pension.

before a disabled friend of mine who is a litte slow and abused to drink and drugs till he was deemed completely unemployable.

he moved to thailand where he returned to australia every 13 weeks to check inn and fly out to keep his pension of 50000 baht a month.

now he sleeps on the beach in thailand and drinks siam sato from pity money his family drip feeds him with.

in 2015 the rule changed to only 4 weeks travel allowed per 52 weeks bought in by the gillard government.

what are the disabled and less fortunate supposed to do ?

live like dogs in the big cities and sleep on a friends floor?

its quite cruel how australia treats its people .

Edited by phuketruski

To me sounds like a bit of BS baffles brains. Your friend can return to Oz for assessment and if meets the criteria can be granted indefinite portability of DSP. However, you would think upon return he would undertake rehab for his drug and alcohol addiction in order to improve his circumstances, rather than sponge off family.

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/7/1/2/10

50,000 sounds like BS to me, they just arnt that generous, and who did it to him? a Labour government, you know the working mans party.

His family must be slow too as poster above said possible to have portability from DSP, might be better to convince the guy to go home and get some help and qualify.

hes bin cut off the pension of 50000 baht a month because of rules changes and his pension cancelled.

hes a mess and drinking him self too death, funny how oz gubberment will send millions to house 4 refugees in cambodia and let its own disabled rot overseas.

You cannt blame the oz gubberment for the drink and drugs that he is abusing himself with, he must take some responsability and go back and get help. Do you want the oz gubberment to give him more money so he can kill himself quicker?

hes bin cut off the pension of 50000 baht a month because of rules changes and his pension cancelled.

hes a mess and drinking him self too death, funny how oz gubberment will send millions to house 4 refugees in cambodia and let its own disabled rot overseas.

You cannt blame the oz gubberment for the drink and drugs that he is abusing himself with, he must take some responsability and go back and get help. Do you want the oz gubberment to give him more money so he can kill himself quicker?

i suppose so.

either way i think one reason he left was because he kept losing on the slot machines and horses plus he had no women , so in australia he wasnt a happy chappy.

think he failed ova and ova then just finnaly had enough and gave up and parked at pattaya beach and started the downward spiral.

Reading the op u might think this guy is hard done by.

He self indulges in booze and drugs and finds his way to Asia. There he parties with more booze and drugs on the taxpayers coin.

Now the poor bloke has to go back to oz, where he can drink and take more drugs on the governments generosity.

Disgraceful really. The government should triple his payments and send him to the country and 5 star resort of his choice

The refugee situation has nothing to do with your friend drinking and taking drugs which will kill him.

If they kept him on his 50000 baht he would poison himself quicker, so the government is saving him maybe six months.

If he doesn't want to go home and investigate ways to help himself then why should taxpayers foot his bill for a booze holiday on the beach.

Far too many Aussies were abusing the system as it was before. I personally know of three men living full time here and receiving the disability pension.

The Australian Government changed the rules in order to keep a better check on welfare recipients, so that they could have medical assessments to see if their condition had improved.

• 3 weeks later...