First chapter of 'Cyber War' to begin Thursday

webfact

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

George Orwell

“Truth is treason in the empire of lies.”

Ron Paul, The Revolution: A Manifesto

“What important is your moral trait. ...You always need freedom but ask for security and respect of human rights, but how can that be possible?”

“No, it isn’t. Because everyone is self-centered and always blames the law but never blame themselves.”

Prayuth Chan-ocha, in self-critical mood (just kidding), at a Government House party, 20.10.15, Khaosod English

“If you say we should not have the single gateway, can you prevent your group from writing things that defame the nation and government? If you can’t, then don’t tell me what method should be used.”

Prayuth Chan-ocha, back in self-pleased mood, at a Government House party, 20.10.15, Khaosod English

In a nutshell: Don't tell me what to do [to save my property "Thailand"], I will blame you anyway for any of my moral shortcomings.

Edited by Andreas2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What’s next? Citizens are only allowed to own a government controlled PC licensed after thorough screening done by an attitude adjustment team near you?

In case the hackers would shut down the telecommunication- 24 hrs. No sms, no selfies- expect a revolution.

Nothing would surprise me with this unpredictable authority savvy regime.

Thailand going down for the sake of saving face aka face-sanity

Has anyone else experienced problems getting webpages to load today? Even signing in to TV and trying to load the pages here is SUPER slow. I was unable to get logged into my banks in the USA as well. Perhaps this Cyber war is stalling the internet but will it stop Mr. P. from starting the single gateway since it is ïn his line of thinking" the best way to control all of Thai peoples reading and posting content?

Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted in 1948, states that:
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

“What important is your moral trait. ...You always need freedom but ask for security and respect of human rights, but how can that be possible?” Gen. Prayuth said.

Yes, dear General, we all see your dilemma. You are babbling about something you don't accept and understand, you even fiercely fight it: Freedom and Human Rights, see above.

So in your logic, the idea of setting up a Single Gateway for your Thailand is to improve the mess you already have and stand for in your country regarding freedom and Human Rights.

For me this sounds more like: I already <deleted> you yesterday but I do everything in my power to be able to <deleted> you tomorrow again, just to protect your virginity (and make you feel more safe, for that matter). Yeah, right.

This whole "defaming" thing is just utterly ridiculous. If you need to erect a framework of 'hurt feelings' laws to prevent criticism and satire, then it's no different to crying to your mommy - MOMMY! They're saying mean things about me on the internet again! Waaaaaah!

post-140919-0-67729200-1445507944_thumb.

Edited by attrayant

Has anyone else experienced problems getting webpages to load today? Even signing in to TV and trying to load the pages here is SUPER slow. I was unable to get logged into my banks in the USA as well. Perhaps this Cyber war is stalling the internet but will it stop Mr. P. from starting the single gateway since it is ïn his line of thinking" the best way to control all of Thai peoples reading and posting content?

No attack yet. Checked most government websites and national agencies websites and all are up and running as per normal.

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/thai-government.htm

Cyber F4 Army must have bottled it or else their firefox mailware virus or Dos got detected on the governments firewall.

I think it's interesting that they are using the word 'defamation' which is thrown around like a tennis ball in this country and is liberally utilized in the courts, since it at least has 'some' basis in Thai law.

Trouble is defamation has quite a distinct definition "the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel" as opposed to criticism or dissent, which is in fact what the Junta really wants to silence.

I'm sure is wrapped up in this form of forms to 'explain' to those interfering foreigners why it's being pursued, the same argument they use to defend the liberal use of LM....all to protect the special nature of the Thai state apparatus.

You are in public office, be a man and take critisism on the chin like everyone else, if your moral standing is good then nobody will have much to say about you, I used to think you were on track to make changes for the good in Thailand now I have serious doubts, might be time totake a break and let someone else take the lead.

Who are you and what have you done with smedly? biggrin.png