Hungarian camerawoman vilified for tripping a migrant, plans to sue

webfact

Hungarian camerawoman vilified for tripping a migrant, plans to sue

606x341_315655.jpg

BUDAPEST: -- The Hungarian camerawoman who was sacked after being filmed tripping a refugee in Hungary says she plans to sue the migrant she brought to the ground as well as Facebook.

Petra Laszlo who now faces a criminal trial, claims she was not to blame and that Facebook refused to take down from their site, threatening comments made towards her.

A video recorded on Sept. 9, 2015 appears to show Petra Laszlo kicking a child as she ran with other migrants from a police line during disturbances in Roszke, southern Hungary.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-22

I have seen another clip and it seems she is trying to get out of the migrants way who was stumbling already after breaking away from the police man. Its another media conspiracy as was the baby found on the beach who was moved to get a better photo opportunity.

i worked for many years as a cameraman. whenever i did news outside of the USA, the local "props" like a dead child would be moved to create a better shot whenever you could get away with it. SOP.

The camera can be framed to make just 10 or 15 protesters look like a riot. when you zoom back, you see there is a small group.

not sure about this lady, she must have known there were cameras everywhere.

If you look at the video you can see that the father is running straight towards her and she moves out of the way but it looks that she is not fast enough so the man trip on her leg.

But hey they where just running from the police so the camera woman is to blame!?
If migrants/refuges break the rules and instructions they get they should forfeit their chances to stay in Europe. If we as expats break the rules and regulation in Thailand can we really expect to stay here?

i worked for many years as a cameraman. whenever i did news outside of the USA, the local "props" like a dead child would be moved to create a better shot whenever you could get away with it. SOP.

The camera can be framed to make just 10 or 15 protesters look like a riot. when you zoom back, you see there is a small group.

Not sure? take a look at this photo which shows her deliberately aiming a kick at a child. Just to add she was a journalist for a far right media outlet.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/this-video-grab-made-on-september-9-2015-shows-a-hungarian-news-photo/487372448

I have seen another clip and it seems she is trying to get out of the migrants way who was stumbling already after breaking away from the police man. Its another media conspiracy as was the baby found on the beach who was moved to get a better photo opportunity.

Are you saying the baby didn't drown, and wasn't on the beach?? I doubt if the baby cared by then where photographed.... the essence of the story is baby drown on refugee boat trying to get to Europe, not which part of beach baby was found.... jeez.

Not sure? take a look at this photo which shows her deliberately aiming a kick at a child. Just to add she was a journalist for a far right media outlet.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/this-video-grab-made-on-september-9-2015-shows-a-hungarian-news-photo/487372448

i just see one instant in time from one angle. anything could be happening in that shot. i am not saying it does not look bad. if she is going to sue there must be more to the video that this one frame was grabbed from.

Edited by NCC1701A

i saw the video she definitely kicked the kid. This lady is a douche and deserves whatever bad things come to her as a result of this.

Whatever your opinion or stance on the huge refugee issue is, there is no reason to kick a poor kid like that. Just nasty.

Strange how many TV members try to excuse this behaviour, as they did when the incident was originally posted. What is overlooked after the incident she apologised for the assault...

“I’m just an unemployed mother of small children, who made a bad decision. I am truly sorry.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/11/something-snapped-hungarian-camera-operator-apologises-kicking-refugees

Just search for the video on YouTube. She is clearly seen kicking out at two or three migrants as they run near her. It doesn't look like she connected very well, but she is kicking at them.

In the video of her as depicted in the picture in this article, it looks like she is trying keep him away from her like he is a dirty animal. It's not a vicious kick, but a half kick and half trying to keep him away from her.

She is clearly inserting herself into the action as a participant.

Edited by oneday

Are you saying the baby didn't drown, and wasn't on the beach?? I doubt if the baby cared by then where photographed.... the essence of the story is baby drown on refugee boat trying to get to Europe, not which part of beach baby was found.... jeez.

No, the essence of the story is the Western press deliberately manipulating a tragic incident to make it more newsworthy.

That is simply lying, and something that journalists used to be taught to not do.

i saw the video she definitely kicked the kid. This lady is a douche and deserves whatever bad things come to her as a result of this.

Whatever your opinion or stance on the huge refugee issue is, there is no reason to kick a poor kid like that. Just nasty.

Strange how many TV members try to excuse this behaviour, as they did when the incident was originally posted. What is overlooked after the incident she apologised for the assault...

“I’m just an unemployed mother of small children, who made a bad decision. I am truly sorry.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/11/something-snapped-hungarian-camera-operator-apologises-kicking-refugees

that video makes it very clear what happened, twice. this woman is a lump of dung.

This woman is a right wing douche bag and it sure looks like she is as guilty as hell. Why wouldn't she post a video if it exonerates her? I can't understand fools that feel sorry for her because of her private life's circumstances. Too bad!! She should think first before acting like a gypsy hater on camera. She just wants some cash but good luck with that... lmao