Saving Face - By Lying?!

Kf6vci

not at all.. its reality I dont know what they teach u in england to trust so easy and give away ur money and let the thai lady roll u on her small finger... hehe

too many stories and live reality.. :D

Watch ur money..even if its pound=~70 baht... :o

Well generousity towards peasants has always been an anglo saxon trait

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this thread has gone so far without 'greng jai' being mentioned (or maybe I just missed it). Certain 'lies' are said purely out of consideration, as the Thai person believes it will upset you less than the truth . . . .

G

not at all.. its reality I dont know what they teach u in england to trust so easy and give away ur money and let the thai lady roll u on her small finger... hehe

too many stories and live reality.. :D

Watch ur money..even if its pound=~70 baht... :o

Well generousity towards peasants has always been an anglo saxon trait

Now, you're lying.

I can't believe this thread has gone so far without 'greng jai' being mentioned (or maybe I just missed it). Certain 'lies' are said purely out of consideration, as the Thai person believes it will upset you less than the truth . . . .

G

For sure, but is the underlying reason for not upsetting you purely respect for your feelings or self protection or a little or each or it varies case by case? (not meaning to sound overly cynical but I do wonder if a substantial reason is a form of self protection learnt and passed on )

On another point how do you reconcile the social 'greng jai' with the Thai business ethics?

(yes I am being a pain, there is not much else on TV, rather bland lately, it should be renamed the TV dinner forum)