Today I replaced Firefox with Comodo Ice Dragon web browser ......

steven100

I downloaded the Comodo Ice Dragon web browser to try I'm sick & tired of firefox being slow to open and close and crashing and generally a pain.

Firefox is crap imo .........

well, i'm pleased for now as it loads at the start faster ( 3-6 sec ) .... ( firefox takes 5-15 sec )

seems to close the web page instantly, not scroll down slowly to close.

pages seem to open faster ....

So far so good ........... we'll have to see as time passes and it gets alot more use.

Edited by steven100

Firefox is great until you unleash the creeping add-ons. Just like Chrome. They seem to have a mind of their own.

I suspect you'd be happy with Firefox (or Chrome) again if you uninstalled it, then reinstalled it with no add-ons.

And I suspect your new browser will suck as it takes on the Adobe (and other) crap you'll need to view a lot of content.

Post back in a month and let us know.

As a long time user of the old Opera browser,which is not supported now,

and not liking the new Version of Opera,I was looking for a new browser,

did not like Firefox or Chrome ,but I am very pleased with the new

browser I have found,its called Slimjet ,based on Chrome ,without the

calling home crap,they also have one called Slim browser ,based on

the Explorer engine,

regards worgeordie

Yeah, takes about 30 seconds to start, then about the same amount of time to shut down FF.

Yeah, I know it's the add-ons, but I'm so accustomed to them I'm lost without most of them. I don't use Scrapbook as much anymore so I'll disable it at times, saves a few seconds here and there.

I also have a whole lot of bookmarks, so the first time I use the Bookmarks pull-down in a session it takes make ten seconds.

I also have all sort of security lockdowns on FF, so yeah, the cost of having them running is performance.

I use Chrome portable only for checking gmail and getting streaming stuff like youtube.

If you are willing to give FF another chance you may want to start clean and very selectively attach add-ons. I had an installation that ran for years and when I finally paid it attention I found stuff in the prefs files from things removed long ago.