Question About Doing Border Run on Day of Expiration

I have a multi-entry Non-Immigrant O visa and need to do a border run. My Visa is stamped until October 27th, so I'm cutting it really close.

My question is, what happens if I do my border run ON the 27th? Also, what are the repercussions for doing it a day after, for example? Just curious.

Not sure:

1) Is 27 October the "ENTER BEFORE" date on the visa sticker

2) or do you mean the stamp in the passport

Case 1)

The 27th is the last day to use your multiple visa. If you do the border run on 27 you will get a stamp for another 90 days.

A day later the visa is void. On return you get a stamp for 15 or 30 days depending on your nationality.

Case 2) Exit a day later: overstay, fine. On return: depends whether visa is still valid or not.

Not quite the same "visa" as you, but two years ago I did a border run on visa exempt. I was one day late. It was all routine. Had a nice chat with the young lady officer. She liked the idea I was an engineer. They really didn't ask any questions. My passport only has visa exempt stamps in it, once a year the last few years. Two years I came and went twice without about 6 months break between. Really no red flags. Just flight from USA to Thailand, holiday then back to USA. I suspect if you had lots of visas, and extensions, and stamps you might get asked a few more questions as they want to verify your visas and status are correct. You do sign some paperwork that they hand you. Give them 500 baht. They give a receipt. This was done right in the office, no outside tea money or anything like that.

KhunBENQ is talking a lot of sense here.

If the multi-entry visa sticker in your passport says "use by .." the 27th, then leave on that day and re-enter on that day and you will get another 90 days, giving you 15 months from a 12 month visa.

Paying 500b overstay isn't going to effect the date on the multi-entry visa. If you overstay a day then your visa is expired in return.

If however, your talking about the rubber stamp on your last entry, yes it's fine to overstay and come back into the country after paying the overstay .. Your visa is still valid, I did it by mistake the other day, silly mistake 2500b could have been spent somewhere else.

If you want a definitive answer you should post a photo of your stamps / visa after blocking out the number, you are slightly confused with the terminology. ;)

Edited by recom273