T-Rex, concerts headline Phuket Tesco fun fair

webfact

T-Rex, concerts headline Phuket Tesco fun fair
Saroj Kueprasertkij

1445577243_1-org.jpg
Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada (2nd from right) and Tesco Lotus Thailand CEO John Christie (right) join the fun, along with a friendly dinosaur. Photo: Saroj Kueprasertkij

PHUKET: -- The Tesco Lotus “Extremely Fun” (Nuk Yang Rang) fair got underway at the Tesco branch on the bypass road yesterday (Oct 22), with Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada and Tesco Lotus Thailand CEO John Christie joining the fun, along with a friendly dinosaur.

The fun fair will include a mini-concert by Bai Toey R-Siam on Sunday (Oct 25) and another mini-concert by Saran “Porsche” Siriluk on November 1.

The fair, which will conclude on November 8, was brought to Phuket following the success of the “Very Very Fun” (Muan Kug Kug) fair in Udon Thani in June, explained Tesco lotus Extra Format Director Benchawan Ongsri.

“We would like to give our Phuket customers happiness alongside amazing shopping for quality goods at our lowest-ever prices,” Ms Benchawan said.

As part of the fair Tesco, which has more than 1,800 stores in 73 provinces nationwide, is offering up to half-price discounts on more than 6,000 products, including electrical and consumer goods.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/t-rex-concerts-headline-phuket-tesco-fun-fair-54656.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-23

Sigh.

Came expecting T-Rex

Electric_warrior_album.jpgtrextheslider.jpg

only to find out it's a fake T-Rex:

1445577243_1-org.jpg

(It did say "T-Rex, Concerts headline Phuket Tesco fun fair." I thought it meant a T-Rex Concert was headlining the fair ! Sigh. What a Rip Off ! I'll have to Rock On by myself unless a Metal Guru can Bang a Gong because I'm a 20th Century Boy ! Of course if Telegram Sam was a Jeepster then he'd have Hot Love on the Mambo Sun because Life Is A Gas ! Personally, I love to Boogie in a Ballroom of Mars because the Children of the Revolution have a Teenage Dream of a Planet Queen whose Cosmic Love makes the Spaceball Ricochet. A Dandy in the Underworld could Sing Me a Song about The Groover whose Life is Strange.

Edited by Kerryd

I've been to that Tesco/Homepro a couple of times since they started setting up for this "Fun Fair".

Be aware that about 25-30% of the car parking spaces have been taken up by the fair. Tesco has also been selling floor sample hard goods (appliances, electronics, etc) out in the car park as well. It's always been difficult to find a parking space on weekends, so it'll be even worse these next two weekends.

If you plan to do some shopping there, I'd suggest you get there early or drive a motorbike.