CDC to use professional pollsters

webfact

CDC to use professional pollsters
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- CONSTITUTION Drafting Commission subcommittees will hire professional pollsters to conduct surveys on charter content due to time constraints.

Supachai Yavapraphas, deputy chairman of a subcommittee scrutinising the charter's executive structure, said yesterday that his group had consulted with the panel on the legislative structure about conducting surveys on the elected and non-elected PM and the make-up of the Senate.

He said the pollsters belonged to state educational institutes such as Nida Poll and Dusit Poll.

Nida has 170,000 people in its database covering every province and surveys people by phone. Dusit Poll surveys via personal interviews and has staff to conduct them across the country.

The CDC is planning questionnaires on the charter draft for the surveys. "We are opting for short questions that require 'yes' or 'no' answers,'' Supachai said.

He said questions could be in-depth but the structure would not be complex. He said his group had not decided whether the executive structure should be made in the way that led to a weak or strong government. The one thing it had decided was to write the charter so that it could be adapted in accordance with changing times.

"Elected governments should adjust the charter with the times. We are not writing restrictions, but will ensure the government serves the public,'' he said.

Meanwhile, a CDC source said Thitiphan Chuaboonchai, chairman of the panel on public hearings and making conclusions from public opinion, held a meeting to get opinions and information from members of the last CDC, the public and academics.

The subcommittee determined that it needed more public feedback and would not repeat what the previous drafters had done in terms of seeking opinions because of time constraints, the source said.

The subcommittee would conduct interviews with more people and use the same channels that the previous CDC used, such as post, television, radio and newspapers, to engage the public in the process, the source said.

They would hire the same team from King Prajadhipok's Institute that worked for the previous drafters to gather information.

The subpanel on public relations and gathering public feedback will work with the panel on gathering opinions and drawing conclusions.

The former is selecting a pollster to gather opinions from the public before seeking state funds for that.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/CDC-to-use-professional-pollsters-30271486.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-24

"CONSTITUTION Drafting Commission subcommittees will hire professional pollsters..."

"Professional" just means they are paid. Once you determine who is paying them, you can figure out what the results will be before the poll is actually conducted.

The subcommittee would conduct interviews with more people and use the same channels that the previous CDC used, such as post, television, radio and newspapers, to engage the public in the process, the source said.

All ruled by Generals...do you want to know the outcome...Guess...!

Seems like the ones who disagree with the latest polls are the ones to complain about them the loudest and longest.

Most of the people (the ones with at least reasonable intelligence) know how polls work and take the results with a grain of salt.

If the results went the way of the Shin and red fans I would not complain. I would just think that the TVF reds got together and conducted their own poll. biggrin.png

1st yes no questions: Do you agree 100% with everything the PM does? If no, which military jail would you like to attend? Thank you for your confidential answers and speak clearly for the record(ing) of this conversation.

Seems like the ones who disagree with the latest polls are the ones to complain about them the loudest and longest.

Most of the people (the ones with at least reasonable intelligence) know how polls work and take the results with a grain of salt.

If the results went the way of the Shin and red fans I would not complain. I would just think that the TVF reds got together and conducted their own poll. biggrin.png

Irrespective of the results, most of the polls published in Thailand are unprofessional and highly suspect.

For example, if a poll conducted through sampling of the population reports any result with precision, such as "73.22%", you can immediately assume the polling organization is substandard. That type of precision is impossible, yet regularly appears in Thai poll results.

Irrespective of the results, most of the polls published in Thailand are unprofessional and highly suspect.

For example, if a poll conducted through sampling of the population reports any result with precision, such as "73.22%", you can immediately assume the polling organization is substandard. That type of precision is impossible, yet regularly appears in Thai poll results.

Unbiased, accurate, legitimate poll results are as rare as hen's teeth. No matter what country you are from polls results are suss.

I would love to see the reaction on this forum if the PTP conducted their own poll and the results were published here. More than likely the red lovers would be all over it. thumbsup.gif

' Professional ' pollsters who will still produce the results and figures required.

Unless, like a recent one, they say something negative about the Junta.

Then it is all the proof we need that Thailand is falling apart.

I pay little attention to the polls and even less to those hypocrites whose only comment is to say the response is rigged if they don't like it.

EJ, you have mentioned this 'other poll' before. I asked you many many times in the other thread if you could provide a link, never materialized. Still like to see it

In case you forgot your comments before...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/860465-dusit-poll-survey-indicates-pm-gen-prayuts-trip-to-unga-is-a-success/

Edited by GinBoy2

Unbiased, accurate, legitimate poll results are as rare as hen's teeth. No matter what country you are from polls results are suss.

I would love to see the reaction on this forum if the PTP conducted their own poll and the results were published here. More than likely the red lovers would be all over it. thumbsup.gif

Unbiased, accurate, legitimate poll results are as rare as hen's teeth.

if you consider the world outside of Thailand, then there are some excellent polls - lots of them, in fact.

Inside of Thailand? Haven't seen one yet. :)

Unbiased, accurate, legitimate poll results are as rare as hen's teeth.

if you consider the world outside of Thailand, then there are some excellent polls - lots of them, in fact.

Inside of Thailand? Haven't seen one yet. :)

If you want to read about someone who knows good polls from bad, Google Nate Silver.

In the US there are a somebody very reputable polling organizations affiliated with Universities. Quinnipiac Poll, for example.

In Thailand....well , there is room for improvement.