Best condos/apartments under 5000 baht per month

blomarel

This will no doubt get the 10000 baht per month elite card renters and the high falootin VT dwellers in a huff, but what are the best places that meet this criteria.....seen loads of building all around town, darkside, jomtien, pattaya klang at various price points....I knew one guy who rented a reasonable place at 3000 baht per month.

The main criteria are security, covered parking, and not way out in the sticks.

Should be interesting to see what this thread generates.

Nirun is best if you can find a room for around ~4k monthly. I have not found a condo with a better location to be honest. Walkable to pretty much everywhere in town.

I once stayed in a Thai room in Pattaya for about 3,000 monthly, but it was a hellhole. No aircon, dirty walls, wild dogs outside that would fight everyday.. I wouldn't recommend it. Less than 4k in Pattaya won't get you much. But 5k can get you something decent. I stayed at a place on Soi Bongkot that was pretty decent. Had aircon, wifi, tv, fridge, everything and brand new for 5k monthly. No pool though. There are a few on that road. Some even as little as 4k with tv and aircon. Thai style stuff.

Nirun is best if you can find a room for around ~4k monthly. I have not found a condo with a better location to be honest. Walkable to pretty much everywhere in town.

I once stayed in a Thai room in Pattaya for about 3,000 monthly, but it was a hellhole. No aircon, dirty walls, wild dogs outside that would fight everyday.. I wouldn't recommend it. Less than 4k in Pattaya won't get you much. But 5k can get you something decent. I stayed at a place on Soi Bongkot that was pretty decent. Had aircon, wifi, tv, fridge, everything and brand new for 5k monthly. No pool though. There are a few on that road. Some even as little as 4k with tv and aircon. Thai style stuff.

Can't go wrong with Nirun, however, it is a little low-rise when it comes time to join the Pattaya Flying Club.

Nirun isn't bad as long as you don't have noisy neighbours and water leaking from the bathroom above you. Which seems to be the old cheaper buildings. The building at the back will cost a little more but that seems to weed out some of the less desirable people.

Nirun isn't bad as long as you don't have noisy neighbours and water leaking from the bathroom above you. Which seems to be the old cheaper buildings. The building at the back will cost a little more but that seems to weed out some of the less desirable people.

That's is the problem with these cheaper rentals. Undesirables.

The high ratio of uneducated, inconsiderate, lazy, filthy, noisy, petty, ignorant neighbours can really be annoying.

^^ it must be for his Merc ,

Gotta protect his soft top in case it rains :-).

Odd but i know a guy who lives at VT1, which is OK but some what down market. But he still buys a 4 million baht Merc and leaves it parked outside in the open. Some people have strange priorities.

That's is the problem with these cheaper rentals. Undesirables.

The high ratio of uneducated, inconsiderate, lazy, filthy, noisy, petty, ignorant neighbours can really be annoying.

I defer to Groucho Marx who said, "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member"

you sound like one of these wannabes who pretend to be rich....the OP never mentioned a merc, but covered parking makes sense for any kind of car,...sun, dust, rain, .....

In BKK I've lived in a 6k month place in On Nut, 5k month in Asoke (it was deep in the soi). In Patts 2 5k places near 2nd road Yes they are there, look for the older buildings.

I have never had issues with these places and don't understand why some seem to cast them in a negative light.

If you like Bukhao, a 5k place will be easy to find. By easy I mean 1 in 4 buildings or thereabout. The other 3 (with appearance of age) will be 6-10k.

None of the places I've lived in offer covered parking though. My current building partially protects motorcycles from the rain but that's it.

Bangkok has many such decent Condos too (Condos, not serviced apartments where you pay over the odd for electricty), where you can rent from the actual owner for around 5K for s studio of 37 sqm. Parkland in Bangna, for example, they even have a huge Pool, a Gym, plenty of taxis/public transport at your doorstep, easy to get to malls, Big C, Tesco a.s.o. a few minutes by Bus to nearest BTS stops. Buildings are 15-20 years old, but I have seen studios in buildings/Condos/apartments that looked a lot lot worse and run down and cost 50-100% more.

Decent value for money can be found both in PTY as well as in BKK, you just have to make an effort

I am intrigued by the covered parking requirement, good luck on your quest, you are going to need it

Not too sharp are you! obviously it is for a car! lots of places around, just looking for the best!

Excuse me, but anyone who has to live in a condo @ 5,000 THB a month has no business owning a car. So the sharpness comes from not understanding why the requirement for covered parking, an anomaly others have already pointed out , that is difficult if not impossible to find. (Since most people who can afford a car don't live in 5K per month condo's)

Now do you understand my puzzlement or are you not sharp enough to process it ?

I am intrigued by the covered parking requirement, good luck on your quest, you are going to need it

Not too sharp are you! obviously it is for a car! lots of places around, just looking for the best!
Excuse me, but anyone who has to live in a condo @ 5,000 THB a month has no business owning a car. So the sharpness comes from not understanding why the requirement for covered parking, an anomaly others have already pointed out , that is difficult if not impossible to find. (Since most people who can afford a car don't live in 5K per month condo's)

If he has a car, that is his business, not for you or anyone else to judge.

Nirun condo is full of cars, I think your theory is flawed.

you sound like one of these wannabes who pretend to be rich....the OP never mentioned a merc, but covered parking makes sense for any kind of car,...sun, dust, rain, .....

Not really , its called sarcasm.

Yea. Sell the car so you can afford a better place.

If he has a car, that is his business, not for you or anyone else to judge.

It is on this forum where the topic is in the public arena and car is linked to wanting a condo for 5k a month. Actually car space might be required for example by someone with mobility/health issues.

It is on this forum where the topic is in the public arena and car is linked to wanting a condo for 5k a month. Actually car space might be required for example by someone with mobility/health issues.

The poster is very clearly asking about apartments with covered parking, NOT whether to sell or keep the car.

Edited by Hal65

Wow you sound like a really nice guy, I had a 5k condo on rental in Pattaya so I had a place to stop when I went there - I also had a place in Ban Chang, Bangkok and lived in my place in Chiang Mai mainly. I also owned a brand new Ford Ranger Wildcat paid in full. You are making no sense.

Thanks for the support scotinsiam and to others for helpful suggestions.....my situation is quite similar.

Multiple pads in different locations, including some very well appointed ones.

This particular small room would be used as a part-time crash pad when in town for yachting and golf, and the parking is for one of my cars, and possibly my Harley.

As for the loser comedians and trolls with nothing useful to add, why not take a hike and go troll somewhere else. I sense a lot of anger and jealousy!

Wow you sound like a really nice guy, I had a 5k condo on rental in Pattaya so I had a place to stop when I went there - I also had a place in Ban Chang, Bangkok and lived in my place in Chiang Mai mainly. I also owned a brand new Ford Ranger Wildcat paid in full. You are making no sense.

Thappraya Soi 15, guest house 6k/month long term.

Jomtien longstay, near that golden statue next to 7/11, about 5k/month

No idea if they have covered parking though.

Is there any affordable long term parking available in Pattaya when I move back for 6 months to my country?

You dont need a swimming pool ? , at least your being realistic in your needs.

Wish you luck

Plenty of hotels will let you pay as you go to use their swimming pools. Just be polite and ask. Buying a drink or two, order some lunch, nothing fancy but do it if you were going to eat anyway. This can help on future visits. Up off Soi 4 or 2, Mike's orchid I think has a nice vanishing edge pool. The lesser known Mike's shopping Mall has a pool up top. Big pool, no cushions on lounge chairs last time I was there