Lag when opening the throttle

oval

Recently hired a Click while on holiday and I noticed that there was a lag when I twisted throttle for take off or overtaking or whatever. This doesn't happen on my Nouvo, but seems to happen on every Click I've ridden. Is this the result of the Click being fuel injected? I don't like it.

I never noticed a lag on newer FI engines but on old carb engines the lag can be quite noticeable. I rode a click (rental) quite a few years ago so don't remember about the lag or if it was carb or FI, but if you're saying it happens on all the clicks, then maybe it's mapping.

Riding style? Sits at a stand still and mashes the throttle wide open from idle?

Throttle cable poorly adjusted?

Bike is an old 110 and OP weighs 150kgs?

Its a rental hack and has never been maintained?

Of course the exact nature of said "lag" has not been explained.

Engine speed doesn't instantly increase?

Engine speed increases but there seems to be a fractional delay in change of speed.

Etc, Etc.

Edited by VocalNeal

What I mean is, say I'm driving along at 40kmh, and I want to quickly overtake the car in front of me, so I twist the throttle for rapid acceleration. But there's a noticable delay betweem my twisting and the bike accelerating, almost like the feeling of turbo lag in a car. I have experienced this on the 3 Clicks I've hired, and it feels different to my Nouvo, which, in the same situation, would accelerate in a more responsive and linear fashion. So, I just want to know why this is the case.