Window tint percentage?

Badrabbit

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3M do a Prat Free Clear,as do most quality suppliers ,but prats dont like it.How many have died at night and in poor vis conditions because of that Poser Gunge.

Can you provide statistics of how many people have died due to having window tint fitted? or are you just demonstrating the art of being a "Pratt" ?

Will be buying a new car next week, what is the legal level of window tint?

This doesn't directly answer your question, but ask the dealer (with a Thai friend if needed) as they generally have different options available and usually from a recomnended 3rd party. Edited by Garry

Will be buying a new car next week, what is the legal level of window tint?

This doesn't directly answer your question, but ask the dealer (with a Thai friend if needed) as they generally have different options available and usually from a recomnended 3rd party.
Cheers mate, I'm not after any poser points, it has to be legal and has to be 100% safe during the day and night.

You always have to wade through the dross to get to the cream.

Edited by Badrabbit

Isuzu had my SUV tinted new. Tint is not over the top and not restrictive at night time. I'm overseas at the moment otherwise I would take some photos of the tint numbers for you.

Edited by Garry

Fortunately Boeing dont fit the stuff and the Pilots use Ray Bans so we get here safe,as for asking advice here its pointless. You have 10 % tint as O.E. these days,so Clears the only option for safe night driving.Plus Passengers all comment Jeez we can see out. Try it.

Isuzu had my SUV tinted new. Tint is not over the top and not restrictive at night time. I'm overseas at the moment otherwise I would take some photos of the tint numbers for you.

No problem, I will check out the tint book at the dealer.

Fortunately Boeing dont fit the stuff and the Pilots use Ray Bans so we get here safe,as for asking advice here its pointless. You have 10 % tint as O.E. these days,so Clears the only option for safe night driving.Plus Passengers all comment Jeez we can see out. Try it.

Wow you have posted without being rude, is this something new for you? was there any need for your first post?

So pilots use window tint on there ray bans?

Edited by Badrabbit

20% is fine and no problem at night

+1

I believe I have 30% on the side and back but then again I don't drive at night anymore. smile.png When my windscreen was broken, after the dealer replaced it they added a 20% film on the front screen. Guess they thought the previous glass must have had it. It is a big help that small amount on the front. My previous car, which I bought 2nd hand, must've had 60-80% tint and had to run the windows down at an intersection to see anything at night.

I have no film on my windscreen - I like to be able to see at night. Even most clear film distorts a bit (some don't have a problem with it, I do).

On the sides and rear I think we went 40% but I'm sure my missus said she wanted 60%. Either way, it'll do.

Must admit I am against tinting on the window screen but sides and back are fine, I will check the tint book and pick a free tint that is 100% safe at night meaning it will be safe during the day, people wear dark sunglasses driving during the day which are much darker than any car tint, does this make all driver's that wear sunglasses(Ray Bans) "Pratts" ?

Wow you have posted without being rude, is this something new for you? was there any need for your first post?

. I'm only rude to Posers and PC Rats

. I'm only rude to Posers and PC Rats

Leally.

I had a cracked windscreen i got replaced. I could have sworn the original was tinted when i requested tinting for my new car. It wasn't. It was the tint of the glass itself, maybe 10 or 20%. That's enough. Front side windows a bit more and darker in the rear.

The laws on car film have been overridden by an official police order stating they are not to be enforced.

I don't care what has been overridden I will do what is safe and legal.

Safest: No film

Legal: Any film

Safest Film: Carbon ceramic - it blocks UV and IR, and has excellent outwards visibility.

Edited by IMHO

My preference is 3M Crystalline. I have it on my car in Thailand and my other in the Middle East.

Avoid cheap and dark film.

I think its Crystalline 90 that I have fitted. It's nearly clear and I have no problems with night driving. Best of all the heat reduction is great.

^ I did 40% on the windscreen and also front side windows. (Whatever is on the windscreen also needs to go on the front side windows assuming you want to see out your rear view mirrors at night once in a while.) But 40% was fine for that. Then the back side windows and back window had 60% which seems a lot darker than the 40%, more than the 20% difference suggests anyway. This is 3M film.

I have no film on my windscreen - I like to be able to see at night. Even most clear film distorts a bit (some don't have a problem with it, I do).

On the sides and rear I think we went 40% but I'm sure my missus said she wanted 60%. Either way, it'll do.

Agree with the front, think the side is a bit dark still. 20 to 30 is as much as I'd go, maybe 30 rear and 20 front sides.