Fabricus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm. That didn't work too well.

The video I wanted to embed was:

Let me try this embed code again:

She lives just up the road from me and her son Richard is a friend. Incidentally, the lead guitar in the vid is her ex Len, lives in Phuket.

Wow! So where do you live?

I understand she moved to England back in the 70s.

Mmmm. That didn't work too well.

The video I wanted to embed was:

Let me try this embed code again:

She lives just up the road from me and her son Richard is a friend. Incidentally, the lead guitar in the vid is her ex Len, lives in Phuket.

Wow! So where do you live?

I understand she moved to England back in the 70s.

Essex.

I 'met' Suzie back in the early 70s, saw her and her band at The Hull Arts Centre, and seeing the lengthy queue for the very limited Gents at the end, I decided to step outside and water the garden.

Lo and behold, there was Suzie with tbe same idea in mind, she was very friendly and down to earth, literally and metaphorically,

Runaway by Del Shannon was a single that got my juices flowin' when I was a kid on my paper route in the early Pasadena mornings...

however, I never bought it, never had the dosh, just listened on the radio...

I inadvertantly bought 'She got a nose job' that was included in an edition of MAD Magazine as my first singles purchase which is a parody of the nascent rockandroll of the time...my goofy next door neighbor, Gary loved that song and would gyrate appreciatively...his strict father had issues...

I actually played the 'nose job' flexible plastic record on my dad's hifi...

that 'nose job' MAD magazine floppy page is worth quite a bit of money these days, I'm told...Del Shannon yew can get on youtube anytime you want...

then there was 'The Monster Mash' and 'Surfin' Bird' to complete a pre-adolescent's intro to popular music...who was Frank Sinatra?

my dad thought that 'Surfin' Bird' was a hoot...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Runaway....Del Shannon.

My older brother actually was the one who bought the '45, but I can remember listening endlessly to it over and over again, captivated by the story the song told.

Someone came in the room with a burning sparkler fireworks, a sparkle landed on the record, and that was that. Recently purchased the song again, and still enjoy it very much.

The bridge features a Musitron organ.

I 'met' Suzie back in the early 70s, saw her and her band at The Hull Arts Centre, and seeing the lengthy queue for the very limited Gents at the end, I decided to step outside and water the garden.

Lo and behold, there was Suzie with tbe same idea in mind, she was very friendly and down to earth, literally and metaphorically,

Awesome story!

You went to a Suzie Quatro concert and then, after the show, enjoyed a pee with her in the back garden.

I saw Tina Turner at the Oxford Apollo years ago when I was a student. She was good, but I never got to pee next to her.

Awesome story!

You went to a Suzie Quatro concert and then, after the show, enjoyed a pee with her in the back garden.

I saw Tina Turner at the Oxford Apollo years ago when I was a student. She was good, but I never got to pee next to her.

Saw Cyndi Lauper in Sheffield and The Pretenders in Leeds,but sadly never shared our ablutions.

Awesome story!

Saw Cyndi Lauper in Sheffield and The Pretenders in Leeds,but sadly never shared our ablutions.

That's an important contribution to this thread.

Without wishing to lower the tone of the conversation, I would have liked to have taken a pee next to Debbie Harry.

Don't laugh.

I didn't buy it, my big brother did. It was underneath the christmas tree. I was sevenish.

David Cassidy - How can i be sure.

I still have it. And right now the damn song is running around my brain!!

He was so damn handsome it just wasn't fair but then he made those crappy teenybopper songs so never mind. He's not looking so good these days though.

//http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/david-cassidy-legal-woes-hit-run-new-racing-charges-could-lead-prison/

Don't laugh.

I didn't buy it, my big brother did. It was underneath the christmas tree. I was sevenish.

David Cassidy - How can i be sure.

I still have it. And right now the damn song is running around my brain!!

Sorry I couldn't help myself, I'm laughing.

I think I must have been 10 years old when I bought my first single.

It was the start of the disco era so I think my first singles were Rod Stewart 'Do Ya Think I'm sexy' , Donna Summer 'Love to Love you Baby'and Kiss 'I was Made for Loving you'

My mom was not happy about that, luckily I got rid of my disco fever a few years later.

Edited by balo

I am so embrassed : Mungo jerry in the summertime. Omg so unoriginal !

No need to be ashamed. I too loved Mungo Jerry.

There's a man doing the rounds here on TV at present who feels that men with facial hair are ugly.

I disagree. Allow me to share Mungo Jerry's In The Summertime. And check out that facial hair. I think it's awesome.

Antrap by Adam and the Ants...the sleeve had pop out pics of them I remember...I'm sure its now in a box in my mother's attic somewhere.

This an important contribution to the thread.

I still remember all that "Adam and the Ants" crap from when I was young.

Here is some seriously mediocre crud:

Antrap by Adam and the Ants...the sleeve had pop out pics of them I remember...I'm sure its now in a box in my mother's attic somewhere.

This an important contribution to the thread.

I still remember all that "Adam and the Ants" crap from when I was young.

Here is some seriously mediocre crud:

Yes I'm still a dandy highwayman in favourable lighting. :D

The First single I ever bought was "Its now or never by Elvis Presley" Almost drove the Neighbours mad. But there was worse to come,single number 2 was "Glow little Glow worm" by Comedian "Clarlie Drake" now that really did Hiss off the neighbours,peace came at last in the street when even I couldn't stand Drake any longer!