Tutsi's Declaration

tutsiwarrior

I thought that the answer was obvious.. the lake of a spine in the U.N.

It was a shameful day and I had several friends that upon their return destroyed their Blue Berret and vowed never to where another again after being forced to stand by and do nothing.

I thought that the answer was obvious.. the lake of a spine in the U.N.

It was a shameful day and I had several friends that upon their return destroyed their Blue Berret and vowed never to where another again after being forced to stand by and do nothing.

Agreed , the UN should have stood up to the US pressure to remove the UN peacekeepers. WHat a ###### up , the US government had blood on their hands , Clinton was less than interested at the time....more interetsed in being chewed under the table. But ALL world powers have a portion of the blame pie to eat.

As Tutsi said , we should not forget...

the belgians and the french also stood by and did nothing. It was maniac tribal violence that could have been stopped...not just the able bodied men, women and children as well.

Some of those that remember point to this episode as an illustration that black people with guns remain a savage element justifying the racist argument that they are subhuman. No matter that white military in Argentina dispatched opposing white people by throwing them out of helicopters over the sea as well as the chickenshit milicos in Chile

Genocide has resurfaced in kosovo but iraq takes the headlines...

tutsi,

Actually, I think that is technically incorrect. Under international law, the UN can intercede when and where it feels like it should...

The trick is motivating the gun dropping surrender bunnies into actually doing it....

Oh, and I wouldnt exactly call the United States a colonial power... (over looking that whole Hawaii thing).

drew...please describe US involvement in the rwanda episode...this was an incident in which the US had no involvement. Central Africa is a german/belgian colonial scenario. The US dispensed with Africa with the end of the slave trade. There was a bit of worry with Angola and the Cubans in the 70s but they engaged Jonas Sabinvi and his murderous Unita army to handle that.

The US approach was like that in The Godfather movie where the dons of the 5 families were around the table eating fruit and one says with regard to heroin 'they are animals...let them sell their souls'...they didn't give a shit except for the incarceration of Nelson Mandela...he was the leader of a sleeping giant ready to emerge...scared the shit out of them as a solid trade unionist to boot. Credit to Nelson that he never took then to task for their bullshit.

the CIA did intervene in the matter of Milton Obote that was the subject of a play "a Season in the Congo" in the mid 60s...African nationalism made the CIA nervous...

check it out Mr CIA...no one ever forgets...you gonna send some bad asses up here to kill me?...my entire neighborhood would arise and fight to the death to protect me...