Mafia crackdown order to be announced in a day or two

webfact

Is it a bad thing to fight the maffia?

Seems some falangs think so.

Some times shout for law and order sometimes not.

Inconsistent.

No, i wouldn't say its a bad thing, it should have been done a long time ago.

What is bad about it is the announcement of intent, as with every other drive the government makes.

Get your game plan in order, contain the plan as much as possible and go in hard and fast. No time limits, no warnings.

And then we wake up.........................wink.png

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is so medieval at times.

Once again, if they were even vaguely serious about any of this they would put all their efforts into reforming the police and the courts. That they have done nothing of the sort speaks volumes. Then, when your whole regime is completely illegitimate I guess it's hard to shout loudly about the rule of law.

Illegitimate - not according to the ultimate authority. Certainly no more so than a government who handed power to a corrupt criminal fugitive who even paid them all a salary, awarded positions and shuffled regularly to get all the noses in the trough. His government left the police alone to do as they pleases in return for "support" for it's followers when required. Shins and the rule of law - cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Only have time for the law when it serves their purpose, otherwise couldn't give a shit.

Until the entire judicial system and law enforcement process is reformed this will simply continue.

Maybe this will be more successful than Yingluck's much vaunted fight against corruption - although she did say there was no corruption in "her" government. 555

Edited by Baerboxer

I assume they are referring to the usual, or should I say the western(?), interpretation of what this mafia is? There are of course an infinite number of versions of mafia, in all walks of life, here in LoS. They are all, or nearly all, a it. Circles within circles.

Please, please, start in the Nana area, get rid of the food sellers that block the roads and footpaths causing traffic danger, get rid of the illegal taxi parking, the touts, restore some order to the area. Oh! wait a minute I think I might just try again to make my pig fly.

Give them a couple of days warning that a crackdown will take

place,just enough time for them to clean house,hide the guns

and contraband,then book a holiday to Singapore or the Maldives,

Thanks for the heads up.this way they catch no big fish,only the

stupid ones.

regards worgeordie

So what are they going to do after the crackdown. No law is broken for being a bad boy. Well unless article 44 is used to detain without charges. Then a bigger prison is needed. Looks like another eureka moment by the dear leader without giving much thought and plan.

I guess it is a courtesy to give them all a warning well in advance.

"Won't you give me three steps

Gimme three steps Mister

Gimme three steps towards the door?

Gimme three steps

Gimme three steps Mister

You'll never see me no more"

© Universal Music Publishing Group

We laugh and we ridicule but, Briggsy is probably on the button.

This current team of incompetents want a return to a totally medieval regime and the so called mafia

will be replaced by their cronies.

Our dearleader, if this was done properly, would rise in the esteem of many, including other countries governments but, alas

we all know the real purpose of this latest crackdown.

Troughs for the boys.

If this is implemented it will certainly end in tears, if not blood.

My concern is for the collateral damage, the innocents who could get caught up in this.

The wonderful people of this country are sitting on the most beautiful time bomb imaginable.

If they can't stop it from the police/mafia side, they need to make it illegal for the business owners to pay. With serious penalties, such as shutting down their business, fines, and imprisonment.

Then they need to do stings. Once word gets out that paying bribes will cause you to lose everything, business owners will think twice before handing out payments.

If they can't stop it from the police/mafia side, they need to make it illegal for the business owners to pay. With serious penalties, such as shutting down their business, fines, and imprisonment.

Then they need to do stings. Once word gets out that paying bribes will cause you to lose everything, business owners will think twice before handing out payments.

Excellent idea

The Bankok/Phuket/Pattaya flying clubs need new members,

You couldn't write a funnier story....first of all...can we define "mafia" and describe to us who were targeting here...and who are the ones going after them and what is their background consist of..

Everyone here is tied into some form of shadiness

They are weaker than the previous government - they could solve anything in 3 months.

I feel sorry for the sheriff in Nakhon Nowhere that refused to pay the new masters. Now he will be arrested for being Mafia and replaced by the guy who hand delivered a brown envelope to the local army commander.

But how is the country going to operate without a police force ?

It seems to be managing OK without a (proper) one at the moment.

Joking (?) apart, I'm frequently surprised at how peaceful and crime free the country is, given the almost total absence of what most countries would regard as conventional policing.

Is it a bad thing to fight the maffia?

Seems some falangs think so.

Some times shout for law and order sometimes not.

Inconsistent.

Not at all. Farangs who live here consistently don't believe announcements like this.

Six months. Pfff! Chalerm would have done it in three!

Prayut will be keeping all mafia informed, on where and when Mafia Arrest will take place wink wink.

IF he doesn't.... could be a hit ordered.

After decades of military dictatorship, Gens Kriengsak and Prem made a good start at cleaning up the military mafiosi - by no means a 100%, but a good start. Then we had the heyday of the provincial godfathers, who seem to have pretty much disappeared since about 2002. So the big mafia is now back to being no longer dominated by the private sector. If Gen Prawit goes after about half a dozen very well known police and military generals, then he will have earned my respect; if not, not.

I'm with you totally on this... he has to prove himself once and for all.

Don't understand, I thought the police is the Mafia? yes or no?

Yes

I always find it hilarious that the gangs who extort money from entertainement venues in exchange for not torching the place (for example) actually call it 'protection' money. Protection against ... yes, themselves. Language and hypocrisy are such good pals.