Is Phetchabun considered in Central Thailand forum and ...

sunoco27

Yes, Petchabun is in Central Thailand. You are served from the Immigration Office in Phitsanulok. Go to the Home Page of this forum. On the first topic, Thai Visas...., click the pinned topic "Important Visa Information". Find Phitsanulok on the drop-down menu for office details.

Why is Phetchabun considered central Thailand? Every time I see it categorized by the government or by businesses it is always listed in the Northern Thailand group. Even the very first sentence of wikipedia says it is a Northern Thailand province.

Why is Phetchabun considered central Thailand? Every time I see it categorized by the government or by businesses it is always listed in the Northern Thailand group. Even the very first sentence of wikipedia says it is a Northern Thailand province.

That's because it is in a Northern location from Bangkok. Located between "Northern provinces" and North East Isaan There is a "pinned" topic of Maps of Central Thailand at the top of this forum.

example here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/63327-map-of-central-thailand/#entry5092326

That's because it is in a Northern direction from Bangkok. Located between "Northern provinces" and North East Isaan There is a "pinned" topic of Maps of Central Thailand at the top of this forum.

example here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/63327-map-of-central-thailand/#entry5092326

But as our good friend canopy states,it is regarded as a northern province by govt sources and wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phetchabun_Province

If Khon Kaen is the north east and is on a near direct line west of Lom Sak Phetchabun why isn't Khon Kaen regarded as central.

Also Lom Sak where I am the people are mostly Lao by decent and speak not Lao or Issan but Lom Sak which is derived from Lao speak.

Sabai dee bor.

Bor Gin.

Central Thai phassa Klang = Mai pen rai.

Lom Sak = Bor Ben Yang.

Thats what I said in the first sentence. But as it is between or "central" to the Northern provinces and North Eastern Issan.

Your point about Isaan is understandable if you look at the map its almost on the border.

As the saying goes, I can explain it for you, but I cant understand it for you.

Just look at the Map, its CENTRAL. And no I didnt make ths map or decide where they put the borders.

If Khon Kaen is the north east and is on a near direct line west of Lom Sak Phetchabun why isn't Khon Kaen regarded as central.

Khon Kaen's east of Phetchabun stoney mate

Yes of course it is,silly me.

Yeah I got a bit worried there and started doubting myself!biggrin.png

Thats what I said in the first sentence. But as it is between or "central" to the Northern provinces and North Eastern Issan.

Your point about Isaan is understandable if you look at the map its almost on the border.

As the saying goes, I can explain it for you, but I cant understand it for you.

Just look at the Map, its CENTRAL. And no I didnt make ths map or decide where they put the borders.

So central in this instance means if you drew a line from Hat Yai through Bangkok up to Phetchabun this is the centre line of the Kingdom,that's the only way I can understand it.

But this still doesn't answer the question as to why the government and wiki call it a northern province,just because it's in the TV central forum doesn't make it right.

No where is central mentioned.

Phetchabun is in the lower northern region of Thailand, in the area between the northern and the central region. The province lies in the broad fertile river valley of the Pa Sak River, with mountains of the Phetchabun mountain range to the east and west. It boasts national parks, waterfalls, and lakes.

It's all a worry,I'm going to have another hours shut eye.

They call it a "Northern" province because directionally its in the North of the country, its not in the South is it.

"No where is central mentioned"

Other than on the Map! biggrin.png

and if you look at the Map, Phetchabun is in the centre.

Phu Toei is only 28 kms into the south of Phetchabun province, most locals here do not consider they are a Northern province. Many are of Laos descent too, every year in May we have the Bang Fi rocket festival, a custom brought across from the NE provinces. Slightly curtailed this year on orders from the men in green.

The Thai/Chinese community in town also finance a week long festival in November, dragon acrobatic dancing show, bands, beer bars, OTOP stalls etc.

Archived