short overstay + tourist visa question

Hi,

I've ran into an unfortunate situation. My ED visa expired on October 25th but i got my wallet stolen on 23th so didn't had access to any money for the last 4 days (haven't eat a meal since then). Thanksfully to a relative, i've just received an amount and can go out of country to make my tourist visa and clear my overstay. I have a couple of question though:

1. Since 25th was a Sunday, will they charge me this day for a 4-5 days overstay?

2. Would it be better for me to go get an 7 days extension and clear my 1000 baths overstay now (or 500 depending on if they count sunday or not) which would cost me in total (1900 x 2 (7 days extension + tourist visa) + 1000 baths overstay = 4800 baths) or just overstay 2 more days then go out country and pay 2000 baths fine and then make my tourist visa in Laos (which would be 3900 so i would save 900 baths). I mean in terms of money it's better to select the second option but could this affect my tourist visa request once in Laos?

3. How much is a single/double tourist visa entry in Laos? Do they even make double in Cambodia? If not, what is the alternative i can have if i decide to go Cambodia?.

4. Once i get my tourist visa, can i just come back by bus or is it necessary to go back by plane? (If i'm in Vientiane for example)T

Thanks you.

1. You will be charged 500 baht for every day of overstay. Today is your 2nd day of overstay.

2. Best to just leave the country and pay the overstay on departure from the country unless it will be several days before you leave. If you went today and applied for a 7 day extension it would cost you 2900 baht total.

3. Tourist visas cost 1000 baht per entry, They only do single entry visas at the embassy in Phnom Phen and it can take 3 days to get the visa verses next day in Laos.

4. You can travel back overland if you want to.

• Like 1

Concerning the overstay part.

Every time I have called my immigration contact at the Changwattana complex and asked them about paying overstay at the complex before exiting the country they have always told me to clear it at the airport....best to clear it at the airport.

Cheers

Concerning the overstay part.

Every time I have called my immigration contact at the Changwattana complex and asked them about paying overstay at the complex before exiting the country they have always told me to clear it at the airport....best to clear it at the airport.

Cheers

"Every time I have called my immigration contact...about paying overstay"

A professional... but honest overstayer tongue.png

Since we are on this topic ... I am also on overstay ... A day or 2 ago haven't got the paycheck yet. I still have a valid entry but I already a couple of days down on my extension. How should I facilitate this?

Friday, I was due in for my ext stamp stuff fell through now I'm heavy not sure how I can float...

• 3 months later...