Soi Dog Foundation pleads for urgent help over kittens overflowing

webfact

Soi Dog Foundation pleads for urgent help over kittens overflowing
The Nation

30271691-01_big.jpg?1445932356464

PHUKET: -- The Phuket-based Soi Dog Foundation Tuesday issued an urgent plea for members of the society to adopt kitten from its stray dog and cat shelter in Phuket's Mai Khao area.

"Soi Dog has a surplus of kittens waiting for a new loving homes. All kittens will be sterilized and vaccinated with no cost to the adopter. Donations are always welcome however," the foundation said in a press statement.

It said the kittens are available to be adopted at its shelter from Monday to Friday.

Interested people can contact the foundation at [email protected] or call 0936851332 to make an appointment. The shelter is also open for visiting at 9.30am, 11am and 1.30pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Soi-Dog-Foundation-pleads-for-urgent-help-over-kit-30271691.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-27

I inherited a Soi dog from a friend of mine, he found him 11 years ago in Cha Am. He came to Buriram with him, sorry to say my friend left us last week, but Mr B, the old Soi Dog is still with us.

He has looked after the house, chased the birds away, been a friend and playmate to my son, a guardian to all (most) of the kids in the village, a confident to me.

He is not the most attractive dog in the world, in fact he, like me is going bald now, but all of us love him.

In fact, it's not what is for dinner for me, but have I got food for Mr B.

I know my place.

I like cats and dogs, but dogs better. I'd be happy to take on a couple and provide for them, and have felt like that for a long while, but since I'm always concerned about if I'm allowed another visa I think it would be irresponsible of me to get pets, no matter how much I care about them. I hope they find good homes though.

I always wonder when I see farangs with several dogs and or cats, what are they going to do with them if they leave? I've had a Thai soi dog for 9 years and she's flown with us to our home in California and back a few times now. There is quite a bit of paperwork involved as well as fees and of course paying for her flights, flight kennel, spill proof water bowl, etc… But we could never just leave her behind!

I almost always drop something in the soi dog box but if I could I would specify for the

dogs only.

I have found a very effective way of easing surplus kitten problems, take a large hessian

type sack and fill with as many kittens as you can fit in, leave room for a few large stones,

securely seal the sack and throw as far as you can into the nearest lake/pond, problem

solved.

Domestic cats are without a doubt the cruelest animals on this planet, they will deliberately

injure any smaller bird/animal and toy with it in the cruelest manner until it succumbs to a

slow and extremely painful lingering death, they should be removed from the planet as

soon as possible, IMHO of course.

Altered post and references to it removed.

It is against forum rules to alter or mis-quote a members post.

6) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

post-109645-0-62213800-1446044121_thumb.

Weren't they shipping truckloads of dogs to Vietnam not too long ago? Populations need to be controlled for all sorts of reasons and that is one way to do it.

Injection by Nembutal in calm setting- Yes.

200-500 kilometer journey packed tight in a cage with no food or water, urinated on, defecated on day after day then upon disembarkation, stripped of skin and beaten while alive to tenderize your meat- No.

My new(ish) neighbors, the rude, loud ones have a new litter of kittens, it's just complete vapidness. If the kittens get sick or injured the responsible, kind neighbor will dump them in my yard for me to deal with.

Edited by FBlue72

I always wonder when I see farangs with several dogs and or cats, what are they going to do with them if they leave? I've had a Thai soi dog for 9 years and she's flown with us to our home in California and back a few times now. There is quite a bit of paperwork involved as well as fees and of course paying for her flights, flight kennel, spill proof water bowl, etc… But we could never just leave her behind!

But if the animals were on the street before, then at least they got a few luxury years in. I just hope if they go back on the street, they are fixed and put in a place where there is a lot of territory and water.

There is no other issue in Thailand that saddens me more than animal abuse and neglect. I just cannot respect a culture where there is no compassion. Yes, there are exceptions but not enough to warrant a change of view.