Double Entry Tourist Visa

Hi just some questions i'm a UK citizen married to Thai citizen and looking at some other options for a Visa.I will be visiting my wifes family.

As i will be away for 40 days i'm not sure if i wll be extending my stay it depends at the time but it might be worth looking at these other options below.

Option A . 3 month Double entry Tourist visa 60 days entry....can this be extended by 30 or 60 days.?

Option B. Non Immigrant "o" 90 day single entry Visa .... can this be extended by 30 days? and Would this depend on financial Income in the Application in the UK?

Option C Tourist 6 Month Multiple entry Visa

Thanks for anyones thoughts

If you are married to a Thai you can obtain a single entry "O" visa based on marriage which you can extend by 60 days at immigration for the purpose of "visiting" your wife.

If your wife will not be in Thailand this will not be a viable option as she would need to accompany you to get the extension.

"O" visas entries are non extendable except as above.

Tourist visa entries can be extended once for 30 days

There are , as yet no details about the 6 month tourist visa.

Hi oncearugge thanks for your reply and advice

My Thai wife will be travelling with me to Thailand to visit family, so the Non 'o' 3 month single entry would give me more scope and a bit more flexibllity too.

So income is not an issue or involved in the processing of this type of Visa?

Hi oncearugge thanks for your reply and advice

My Thai wife will be travelling with me to Thailand to visit family, so the Non 'o' 3 month single entry would give me more scope and a bit more flexibllity too.

So income is not an issue or involved in the processing of this type of Visa?

No income is involved in applying for a 60 day extension(it is not a visa)

The fee for the extension will be 1900 Bht.

• Like 1

Hi oncearugge,

I didn't write that last post well ,

Sorry i didnt mean the extention .What i meant was while in the UK making the Application would thet Embassy need statement of Earnings

or is this not required for the 3 month Non 'O" Visa as i have been working voluntary for a while.

Thanks for your help

If you are married to a Thai you can obtain a single entry "O" visa based on marriage which you can extend by 60 days at immigration for the purpose of "visiting" your wife.

If your wife will not be in Thailand this will not be a viable option as she would need to accompany you to get the extension.

A Tourist Visa Exemption Extension can be extended by 30 days (dependent on your country of origin ) for 60 days based on your application to stay with a Thai wife or child. If the alien arrived on a Visa on Arrival (fee 1000 Baht on arrival ) the alien can apply for a 60 day extension for the same reasons as above. It's. up to the Thai Immigration Officer in charge to accept or reject the applicants request. The alien must provide proof of relationship to either the child or the Thai spouse. You do not have to be married if a child is the sole reason of your application and I have witnessed a Thai DEFACTO or common marriages relationship as being an acceptable reason to stay. Joint Property ownership and/or long term joint bank accounts will greatly assist in the applicant's favour.

A Tourist Visa Exemption Extension can be extended by 30 days (dependent on your country of origin ) for 60 days based on your application to stay with a Thai wife or child. If the alien arrived on a Visa on Arrival (fee 1000 Baht on arrival ) the alien can apply for a 60 day extension for the same reasons as above. It's. up to the Thai Immigration Officer in charge to accept or reject the applicants request. The alien must provide proof of relationship to either the child or the Thai spouse. You do not have to be married if a child is the sole reason of your application and I have witnessed a Thai DEFACTO or common marriages relationship as being an acceptable reason to stay. Joint Property ownership and/or long term joint bank accounts will greatly assist in the applicant's favour.

"A Tourist Visa Exemption Extension can be extended by 30 days "

That's quite a muddle & mix of terms that refers to a single thing that does not exist. Looks like you did a copy & paste from a rather confusing source. Probably best that the O/P follow Oncearugge's advice regarding non-imm O and 60 day extension to visit his wife.

A tourist visa allows a 60 day entry and 30 day extension per allowed entry.

A visa exempt entry (not a tourist visa or any kind of visa) is good for 30 days when arriving by air and is extendable for 30 days regardless of "country of origin."

Non G7 passport holders will get only 15 days when entering at a land border, but that entry is still extendable for 30 days regardless of country of origin.

And a visa on arrival is something completely different and not available to the O/P, a British passport holder

Edited by Suradit69