Can you extend a visa exemption twice?

If they not accept 7 days as part of the remaining permission then I think I have no choice but to go to Ranong. In truth the motivation behind the 1 year retirement visa is mostly to avoid the Ranong Visa run. Hey ho I have left it too late thanks anyway

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

If they not accept 7 days as part of the remaining permission then I think I have no choice but to go to Ranong. In truth the motivation behind the 1 year retirement visa is mostly to avoid the Ranong Visa run. Hey ho I have left it too late thanks anyway

If you are in located in south Thailand you would be better of going to Penang to get a single entry non-o visa. There are no immigration offices in the south that can do the non immigrant visa conversion. You would have to make 2 trips to Bangkok 15 days apart to get the visa/entry stamps.

To clarify im in Hua hin and can't go ban phu nam Ron(SETV) so Ranong only option now that I have less than 15 days(11) of current permission left thus appears to late to get a 1 year retirement visa in time to avoid Ranong run(assume i could always get one afterards but doesn't really achieve my goal.) If anyone knows differently please advise thanks

11 hours ago, thecolonel said:

To clarify im in Hua hin and can't go ban phu nam Ron(SETV) so Ranong only option now that I have less than 15 days(11) of current permission left thus appears to late to get a 1 year retirement visa in time to avoid Ranong run(assume i could always get one afterards but doesn't really achieve my goal.) If anyone knows differently please advise thanks

You can do the conversion at Hua Hin immigration after you get a new 30 day visa exempt entry at Ranong.

Or you could make a trip to Vientiane or Penang to get a single entry non-o visa.

what was said above should be clear.

if you enter on a 30 dat visa exempt entry you get 30 days stay.

before the nd of that first 30 day stay you ca go to your local immigration office and ge one more 30 day extension added on to your original 30 day entry.

but that is all the extension, after that a new visa is needed

• 6 months later...

Sorry for digging this topic out, but I wonder if things changed and if I understand the content of this thread.

I would like to stay on my current SETV 95 days. Is it possible to get a 30-day extension, and then apply again (same day preferably) for another extension, and by getting denied obtain 7 more days on top of 30-day extension that was given? for a total of 37 days for price 2 x 1,900 baht?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Matt199 said:

I would like to stay on my current SETV 95 days. Is it possible to get a 30-day extension, and then apply again (same day preferably) for another extension, and by getting denied obtain 7 more days on top of 30-day extension that was given? for a total of 37 days for price 2 x 1,900 baht?

You can apply for another extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave the country.

You would not be able to apply for it until the last week of the 30 day extension. They would not accept a 2nd application on the same day you applied for the 30 day extension.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for another extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave the country.

You would not be able to apply for it until the last week of the 30 day extension. They would not accept a 2nd application on the same day you applied for the 30 day extension.

Got it, thanks ubonjoe!

One last question that I'm unsure about - Does it make a difference if I apply for a 30-day extension during my 1st day in Thailand on 60 day SETV or on the 60th day? want to reconfirm my understanding

Just now, Matt199 said:

Got it, thanks ubonjoe!

One last question that I'm unsure about - Does it make a difference if I apply for a 30-day extension during my 1st day in Thailand on 60 day SETV or on the 60th day? want to reconfirm my understanding

It does not matter what day you apply for the 30 day extension since it will start at the end of the 60 days.

But you will not be able to apply on the first day. Most immigration offices will not allow you to apply until the last couple of weeks of you entry it.

• Like 1