Non-imm Visa Renewal

My visa is going to be expired soon. Looking at my travelling records for the last 12 months, I have never stayed in Thailand for more than 3 weeks even though I come here every month.

Last time I spent about 6000 to 8000 Bahts to get the visa and the re-entry permit. Likley I need to spend the same amount to renew it, what are the benefits of having the visa again? I am a HK Chinese over 50 and holding a Canadian passport and have a condo in BKK.

My visa is going to be expired soon. Looking at my travelling records for the last 12 months, I have never stayed in Thailand for more than 3 weeks even though I come here every month.

Last time I spent about 6000 to 8000 Bahts to get the visa and the re-entry permit. Likley I need to spend the same amount to renew it, what are the benefits of having the visa again? I am a HK Chinese over 50 and holding a Canadian passport and have a condo in BKK.

They well might see you as a de facto resident after a number of visits. We hear that the Immigration people propose to toughen their stance in July, Some border points have already toughened up on seasoned regulars.

Thks for your advice, dr Pat Pong.

One more question:

With a short stay record (staying not more than 2 to 3 weeks for every month), after renewing my Non-IMM retirement visa for 3 consecutive years, would I be able to apply for permanent resident?

As you have qualified already, then do not break the chain.

At some stage you may want to come and live in that condo for a long period,

and re-establishing your Non-Imm visa status could be difficult.

Read through the other topics and see how the immigration are tightening up all round!

• 4 weeks later...
Thks for your advice, dr Pat Pong.

One more question:

With a short stay record (staying not more than 2 to 3 weeks for every month), after renewing my Non-IMM retirement visa for 3 consecutive years, would I be able to apply for permanent resident?

3 unbroken extensions means that you are eligible to apply for permanent residency next time.