Yingluck appears at Supreme Court amid hundreds of supporters

rooster59

I woukd guess the YS side wants to present 60 witnesses to rebut the charge of negligence.

This should generate some anxiety for those here polishing their summations for the prosecution.

Today's word is "vicarious".

She could bring a million witnesses but the simple fact remains she made herself head of the rice committee, didn't bother turning up to a single meeting, and is being charged for negligence. No amount of playing with words can change the simple facts here.

Indeed nothing wrong with governments trying to help the poor by subsidising farming and it happens the world over

In essence correct, but that's not the point, not at all, and you know it.

Just another of your hundreds of attempts at diversion.

Are you on 24 hour duty to deflect?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, you have to be grown up when you are Prime Minister. You are given the authority to run the country and with this comes responsibility. That means state money should be spent in an accountable way. That money comes from taxes and money earned by the country. Taxes generally means money from peoples earnings, which should not be squandered by the state. Thus she is guilty.

Another Thaksin who can virtually do anything illegal ( along with big brother)and the morons who back them continue the worshipping. And they want elections back? Go to hell

Elections will only start the bloodshed again,because Thailand can't handle democracy,is that what the people want another Bangkok, Red Shirts Mark II ???

Edited by MAJIC

Ah, you have to be grown up when you are Prime Minister. You are given the authority to run the country and with this comes responsibility. That means state money should be spent in an accountable way. That money comes from taxes and money earned by the country. Taxes generally means money from peoples earnings, which should not be squandered by the state. Thus she is guilty.

This is true. However this y/s /thaksin goes a lot further. They borrowed billions of bart from IMF. bogged the country in debt for years to come. Filled there pockets ,showed a few token projects to make it look good. Now smile a pretty smile ang go for the sympathy vote. Well played . Worked a treat.

This is true. However this y/s /thaksin goes a lot further. They borrowed billions of bart from IMF. bogged the country in debt for years to come. Filled there pockets ,showed a few token projects to make it look good. Now smile a pretty smile ang go for the sympathy vote. Well played . Worked a treat.

Do not know Cobbler whether I am allowed on here because I am not a Red Shirt.

But seems to me that you do not understand how governments work.

With the exceptions of North Korea, Pol Pot's Cambodia and Ceaucesu's Romania, governments borrow internationally to fund various projects. In Asia some of that borrowed money also goes to civil servants and government officials on its way through, the exception is Singapore where the government officials are well paid and forbidden to take fees or commissions.

It also happens in every day business in Asia that various government officials take money as incentive and as commisssions. One of the earlier Kings of Thailand did not pay the civil servants but encouraged them to get what they could out of transactions that passed over their desk. This is much what Shinawatra and Prayuth are doing, business as usual.

In that context the governments of Prayuth and Shinawatra have followed the established rule. In Prayuth's case it has been even more blatant and visible because as soon as the people of Bangkok invited him to be their leader he immediately, on the first Monday in power, raised the salaries of all the generals and there are literally hundreds of them. This was in spite of the fact that the war he is fighting against the rural Thai is no more difficult than before, it may be a case of " To the victor go the spoils"

Do not know Cobbler whether I am allowed on here because I am not a Red Shirt.

But seems to me that you do not understand how governments work.

With the exceptions of North Korea, Pol Pot's Cambodia and Ceaucesu's Romania, governments borrow internationally to fund various projects. In Asia some of that borrowed money also goes to civil servants and government officials on its way through, the exception is Singapore where the government officials are well paid and forbidden to take fees or commissions.

It also happens in every day business in Asia that various government officials take money as incentive and as commisssions. One of the earlier Kings of Thailand did not pay the civil servants but encouraged them to get what they could out of transactions that passed over their desk. This is much what Shinawatra and Prayuth are doing, business as usual.

In that context the governments of Prayuth and Shinawatra have followed the established rule. In Prayuth's case it has been even more blatant and visible because as soon as the people of Bangkok invited him to be their leader he immediately, on the first Monday in power, raised the salaries of all the generals and there are literally hundreds of them. This was in spite of the fact that the war he is fighting against the rural Thai is no more difficult than before, it may be a case of " To the victas usual.or go the spoils"

Hi Glenmohr. I understand your words and meaning. What you say is true. Asian countries run this way. However how much money filtering is the limit? Before the Y/S government time they borrowed from imf . Thailand was fine. Business as usual. Somebody decided the money being filtered wasnt enough. So the decided a few ideas to get some more filtering for themselves. 1 rice buyback. 2 rubber buyback. 3 flood provention . We all know how the rice side of things has panned out. Not well. We live in Bangsaphan ,have 3000 rubber trees. My wifes family have more than 2000 rai. We know a lot of rubber farmers,not just in the south but in sukhothai and issan and chiang mai . Not 1 farm that we know of had rubber bought from them in this buy back. Only the mates of the politicians had rubber bought from them , To the value of not even a fraction of the money borrowed from imf. Then there was a fire in the main rubber storage shed in the south. How much was lost ,nobody knows. Claimed the whole lot was burnt but it wasnt. So. They had money filtering from the buyback because its impossible they bought 15billion bart of rubber,maybe 15million bart,if that. Didnt help the farmers at all. Then they had the money from the rubber they sold after the fire from the left over rubber. 3 the flood prevention scheme, y/s went on tv and said. I will stop future floods with my scheme. They built a few walls , filtered the rest of that money for themselves. Thailand still has floods . Will always have floods.

So. After bogging poor thailand in debt for billions of bart ,what did they achieve? Nothing. Something had to be done about Y/S gov money filtering .. Cant run a country like that. My wife said this is the cycle that thailand goes . Military cleans it all up then gives it back to the politicians and it all starts again. No matter who is in power. TIT

Edited by cobbler

She didn´t have time to run the country, she was busy flyng around the World, shopping for taxpayers money.