Sukhothai Immigration

sunoco27

The Immigration office assigned to Sukhothai province is in Tak at the Mae Sot / Myawaddy border post.

I have found the Immigration officials there to be friendly and efficient. I have never seen the place busy, and have never queued for more than 10 minutes for extensions etc. 90 day reports are usually turned around within 10 days.

The only downside is the “white knuckle ride” through the mountains to get there. The road itself is much improved over recent years, but the standard of driving has not.

Minivans leave from Sukhothai bus station taking about 1 hour 45 minutes to do the trip, but they drive like maniacs.

Put an extra garland around your rear view mirror before you set off and trust in Lord Buddha to get you there and back in one piece.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 1.11.2015 at 12:50 PM, amsterdammer said:

The Immigration office assigned to Sukhothai province is in Tak at the Mae Sot / Myawaddy border post.

I have found the Immigration officials there to be friendly and efficient. I have never seen the place busy, and have never queued for more than 10 minutes for extensions etc. 90 day reports are usually turned around within 10 days.

The only downside is the “white knuckle ride” through the mountains to get there. The road itself is much improved over recent years, but the standard of driving has not.

Minivans leave from Sukhothai bus station taking about 1 hour 45 minutes to do the trip, but they drive like maniacs.

Put an extra garland around your rear view mirror before you set off and trust in Lord Buddha to get you there and back in one piece.

Is that information still current?

I'm planning to move to Thung Saliam (from Germany) in the next couple of months and the thought of that run every 3 months is a bit daunting - especially as according to Google Maps it's 180 km by the shortest route with an estimated driving time of 3.5 hours. How on earth do the minivans manage it in half that time?

What do you need to take to these quarterly reports and what is meant by "turned around within 10 days".

Sorry for the ignorance, but I'm new to this lark.

• 1 month later...