Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Sustainable business to purchase

Concern I have, so many gogo bars and nightclub joints for sale all the time. Tells me they dont do well ? Am I mistaken ? Same goes for small hotels, restaurants and bed and breakfasts........ am I destined to fail going these avenues...? Some of the profits stipulated are very attractive. Makes me wonder why is the owner selling in the first place ? Know what I mean ?

Thx for replying. Ive been in senior executive management in automotive industry for 10 years.i have around

3 Mill Baht to spend.

What you up to in the kingdom ?

My work is undertaken outside Thailand in the oil and gas industry.

I'm sure you will get a bit more response by having a few figures and some background info available.

I have no interest in starting a business here in the Kingdom but wish you well in your venture.

Good Luck.

A lady near us has a business for sale, it's a combined laundry, internet, massage and bike rental shop that also sells coffee, cakes and noodles on the side, word is that she'll let it go for around 3 million. PM for details if interested.

• 4 weeks later...

OP, What is your nationality? It could matter as to how/if you can even own a business. Be aware that most foreigners can't own more than 49% of a business even if they put up all of the money. There are also restrictions as to what kind of business you can own. Then there is the work permit which you may or may not qualify for.

This 49% deal has ended in grief for more than one farang who simply got cheated. If you have a Thai wife she can own it but that doesn't assure that you can work in it. There are a lot of classes of work that are reserved for Thais. Also, giving a lot of assets to a Thai wife (or any wife) has ended in grief many times.

This road is full of pitfalls and I would never do it. I'm American and I "think" Americans can own 100% of a business under a treaty (Treaty of Amity?), but I'm not sure how that works because I'm not interested.

Just do your homework because this isn't your home country with the rule of law you can depend on.

Cheers.

OP, What is your nationality? It could matter as to how/if you can even own a business. Be aware that most foreigners can't own more than 49% of a business even if they put up all of the money. There are also restrictions as to what kind of business you can own. Then there is the work permit which you may or may not qualify for.

This 49% deal has ended in grief for more than one farang who simply got cheated. If you have a Thai wife she can own it but that doesn't assure that you can work in it. There are a lot of classes of work that are reserved for Thais. Also, giving a lot of assets to a Thai wife (or any wife) has ended in grief many times.

This road is full of pitfalls and I would never do it. I'm American and I "think" Americans can own 100% of a business under a treaty (Treaty of Amity?), but I'm not sure how that works because I'm not interested.

Just do your homework because this isn't your home country with the rule of law you can depend on.

Cheers.

Thanks for advice Guys. yeah i'm taking it very slow and will know what and when it is right for me if any......... I need to stress that I wont be doing any of this for the sake of a women........ its purely for myself and my Son whom was born in Thailand. My boy has Citizenship Status however I will need to get myself sorted. what wasn't mentioned is a business visa. apparently I can get a business Visa renewable every year.

I have been consulting with a friend whom is a Thai National and works in the court as an administrator and is connected with a judge. somehow I do believe the advice I'm getting is sound advice for now.

I'm from south Africa.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers.

Search "Aminity Treaty Business Entity in Thailand" for details for an American to own 100% of a business in Thailand. I think one of the requirements is a substantial cash outlay upfront. But as others say, the cards are so stacked against foreigners, it's almost better to invest the money in some safe/passive income producing online and sidestep all the headaches. No matter how successful you may be in your home country, that success doesn't necessarily carry over here.