Sadao border asking for funds non-imm visas?

Better going to Padang Besar. There was a thread about this a few days ago but I can't find it.

Sadao can be a pain compared to Padang Besar. There's less people and a more relaxed attitude. 100 baht gets you a motorbike taxi to the Malaysian side, back to the Thai side and to the minibus station in the centre of town if you need it.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out a friend of mine just got a multiple non-o yesterday from Penang consulate (married to thai) following my advice. He ended up catching a minivan service that picks you up at the embassy to Hat Yai (40 RM, 14:30 or 15:00; talk to Daniel, the guy who does photocopies/passport photos in a van outside the consulate to get a ticket).

They went through Sadao checkpoint and he said he had no problems at all. Only asked where he was staying. He was previously on a single entry non-o with a 1 year extension. No 20k baht requested to be shown or any additional money in the [uSA] passport. clap2.gif . Not much different than when I went through Sadao about 1.5 years ago.

Edited by 4evermaat