Foreign community understands govt's cause: spokesman

rooster59

BANGKOK: The junta has won greater recognition in international community as government stability is no longer cited as an obstacle in future cooperation, said deputy government spokesman Werachon Sukondhapatipak.

He said that all countries are looking ahead and understand the junta’s adherence to the roadmap to democracy. As the majority of Thais are ready to give more time to the government, the foreign community shows confidence in the government stability, he added.

"The United States remains a great ally. It wants to see stability. Internal politics conflicts are not mentioned," he said.

Referring to the discussion of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha and Glyn T. Davies, the US ambassador to Thailand, he said the prime minister urged the ambassador to listen to all voices. "The US ambassador expressed confidence that the prime minister would lead Thailand towards democracy, which would benefit all and strengthen cooperation."

Werachon urged all Thais to take a step backward, to take a better view of what is going on in society and what is the cause of disturbances. Some parties cite injustice, he said, but if the long-standing system really contained flaws, hundreds of the victims should have come out and voiced their grievances, he said.
nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-01

"Wanted all Thais to take a step backwards". The whole country has been going backwards since the coup.

Yes the international community understand the juntas cause. Exactly why they are against it continuing!

It goes backwards since 2000

"Wanted all Thais to take a step backwards". The whole country has been going backwards since the coup.

Yes the international community understand the juntas cause. Exactly why they are against it continuing!

Strange , the locals where I live are pretty happy with the General in charge , the prices of there agricultural products are stable and pretty good .

Not hear anybody complaining .

These are people that work in the fields and even the local fishermen with there small boats .

Only complains about the General is what I read on Thaivisa .

And anybody that believes there is real democracy in the perfect west should check twice .

Why don't some of the many US Citizens living in Thailand send an e-mail to the ambassador with the following text:

- Dear Mr. Ambassador,

as it were, if elections were held in Thailand tomorrow or 20 years from now, the "Red Shirts" would still win any election. As long as this is the case, the current government will not allow for elections. Ergo: No Democracy! Dear Mr. Ambassador, would you kindly forward this message to far away Washington D.C. with the purpose to enlighten those gullible, bungling half-wits at the State Department.

Greetings, John Doe.

Cheers.

On one hand you have a team doing political speak the other team cannot see through the political speak , it is worrying that the administration takes all that's said at face value , not very worldly is our team Junta, that's just a misunderstanding by the international community........coffee1.gif

Its not a cause but a crusade to rid Thailand of all red opponents, all free thinkers. Therefore there will be no elections or freedom of speech, this the foreign community sees and understands.

Fully agree, foreign powers like the US, China, Europe, the UK and Russia are happy to work with the Thai government. Whilst other countries are criticised, have sanctions or even direct military action Thailand remains a valued friend.

Why don't some of the many US Citizens living in Thailand send an e-mail to the ambassador with the following text:

- Dear Mr. Ambassador,

as it were, if elections were held in Thailand tomorrow or 20 years from now, the "Red Shirts" would still win any election. As long as this is the case, the current government will not allow for elections. Ergo: No Democracy! Dear Mr. Ambassador, would you kindly forward this message to far away Washington D.C. with the purpose to enlighten those gullible, bungling half-wits at the State Department.

Greetings, John Doe.

Cheers.

"and meanwhile focus on the Democracy and human rights in Saudi Arabia"

Strange , the locals where I live are pretty happy with the General in charge , the prices of there agricultural products are stable and pretty good .

These are people that work in the fields and even the local fishermen with there small boats .

And anybody that believes there is real democracy in the perfect west should check twice .

You jest surely, where i am the locals are getting 8 Baht a kilo for top quality jasmine rice, they are resigned, ''It's not worth planting but what else can we do''

Just as a side line, i read today that 60% of British farmers income comes from EU subsidies.

"...Foreign community understands govt's cause..."

Yeah, in your dreams.

Oh I'm sure they understand it: the Junta (perhaps more accurately those behind the Junta ), are determined to hold onto power, and the control of and access to the nation's wealth which being power brings them. To that end they will do whatever they have to to remain in power. The foreign community understands that very well.

While the Junta may have had a valid excuse to step in last year to avert any armed civil unrest , they have clearly no idea on running a country and seem to want to stay far beyond their mandate.

Are you sure they didn't have a hand in creating the unrest that "reluctantly" made them overthrow the elected government?

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://asiancorrespondent.com/124077/suthep-prayuth-and-i-have-been-planning-a-coup-since-2010/&ved=0CBoQFjAAahUKEwj21temhfHIAhUENqYKHbicBUs&usg=AFQjCNE_hTHTg7puQcXa7HHUEVYy4q0f8A&sig2=nvJ_5ibv5WFdhN8RweNwgg

More useless PR BS,,

So, what os the timeline for a return to democracy? Where are the plans that the Junta are referring to?

Where are the reforms?

For crying out loud why can't they stop telling people BS like how happy other nations are with their plans and progress and just get on with it! Show the country some reforms, show the country the roadmap you claim to be adhering to. In the meantime stop with this publicity crap.

- Dear Mr. Ambassador,

Greetings, John Doe.

Cheers.

I can assure you that the Thailand desk in the state department in the US and it's equivalents throughout Europe know exactly what the score is here. Contrary to the impressions they give, ambassadors aren't fools. Unfortunately, a diplomatic game has to be played and the Thais, looking for credibility, take it at face value.

You jest surely, where i am the locals are getting 8 Baht a kilo for top quality jasmine rice, they are resigned, ''It's not worth planting but what else can we do''

Just as a side line, i read today that 60% of British farmers income comes from EU subsidies.

Where I live there is not much rice planted . Mostly sweet potato pineapple aloevera and coconuts , so hard to compare .

8 baht a kilo is 8000 a ton so seems to be like commodity standards .

Problem with the rice is that most farmers sold there ancestral land to the rich and loansharks and have to pay rent .

And they are used to get handouts from the government , here no handouts and they do pretty well , and that is what the general is looking for .

20 years ago when I was in the isaan they told me they got 2 baht a kilo the wages then where about 100 to 150 baht a day .

I wish the best for all farmers