Single entry at Mae Sai

The closest to Mai Sai is the Chiang Khong crossing to Laos.

As far as I know all crossings to Laos will allow it.

At the moment the only crossing to Myanmar that allows them is Ranong.

All crossings to Cambodia will allow it. Some though will not allow it if you have a total of 90 days doing out/in crossings for exempt entries.

at mae sai , no visa no out , only smile.png

go to chiang khong same i did last week , there they let you out and in without anything ask

I told you almost one month ago that you probably woudn't be able to cross. Your response was that you had no problem last November. I assume it didn't work out the way you expected?

• Like 1

at mae sai , no visa no out , only smile.png

go to chiang khong same i did last week , there they let you out and in without anything ask

I told you almost one month ago that you probably woudn't be able to cross. Your response was that you had no problem last November. I assume it didn't work out the way you expected?

the guy outside saw every passport and say to everyone no visa no go only ; last november 2014 everyone go there and they let everyone come

They have allowed people In and out but ask for onward plane ticket somewhere.

my friend went a few weeks ago.

sorry no visa no out , i was there last tuesday ; the guy saw my passport and try to found the visa and say no visa ? i say no , he say cannot go , he don't care if i have 20 000 on my book bank or plane ticket

sorry no visa no out , i was there last tuesday ; the guy saw my passport and try to found the visa and say no visa ? i say no , he say cannot go , he don't care if i have 20 000 on my book bank or plane ticket

Did you have any previous Visa Exempt stamps in your passport ?

Mai Sai is not allowing out/in crossings to get a visa exempt entry.

If you have a valid visa for re-entry you can do it.

This is exactly why thai006 tried to cross last week; several posters were reporting that they knew someone who was allowed a visa exempt entry. He ended up wasting his time travelling to Mae Sai.

Edited by kanook

Did you have any previous Visa Exempt stamps in your passport ?

my passport is full but the last visa exempt i got it in mae sai in november 2014 and after only non o visa , have a group of chinese in front of me , they say no visa , you cant go out :)

Mai Sai is not allowing out/in crossings to get a visa exempt entry.

If you have a valid visa for re-entry you can do it.

This is exactly why thai006 tried to cross last week; several posters were reporting that they knew someone who was allowed a visa exempt entry. He ended up wasting his time travelling to Mae Sai.

people say that yeah , i know my friend he go there and got 30 day exempt without visa ...

solution ? Go to Chiang Khong there they let you go out and in without visa and got 30 day :)

All I know for sure, is this. I flew into Swampy from Manila on October 4th, and they gave me a 30 day visa exempt entry. I've been going to Mae Sai for years, ( I have friend who has a couple of apt. buildings there ). I got bus tix on the Siam Tours VIP coach overnight on the 7th. I stayed in one of the vacant apartments from that morning until the 21st of October, when I bused overnight back to BKK. While in Mai Sai I went to Burma for the day on Saturday, the 17th. I came back by about 5PM. No problems, as they did not hesitate to prevent my leaving from Thailand, and stamped me back in again, for 30 more days, when I came back that afternoon. I've been going there for years, and I've never been refused to cross, and then get stamped back in. However, it's only been the last couple of years, or so, they've given 30 days on re-entering, as before that they always used to give just 15 days, visa exempt, and not 30, for a land entry crossing, as opposed to 30 when flying in. However, I assume my record with immigration is sterling, as over the last 12 to fifteen years, I've had multiple entries and exits every year, with never an overstay violation or any other kind of problem. Altho I've never been asked by Thai immigration, anywhere, at any time over the years to show cash or credit cards, the Myanmar immigration has always insisted on ten US dollars, to enter, ( which is a better deal than paying them 500baht, even at current exchange rate of 35+ baht to the US dollar ). And this October's excursion went as smoothly as all the rest. However, I know people who HAVE been refused the opportunity to do this, as I have successfully done. So be forewarned, your milage may certainly vary here, and I think not only your record with immigration, but your demeanor and dress, as well as appearance, not to mention attitude, and country of your passport affects your success or failure in this to quite an extent.

Someone like myself doesn't need to spend the time or money to get a visa, if you can enter on a 30 day visa waiver, and then no visa is needed for a thirty day stay. Then , you can either go to immigration and extend for the fee, OR you can do a quick out and back in for an additional 30 days on top of your first thirty days,for no fee and no time wasted filling out an application, if you're from a G7 country. The rub is, you can never be absolutely sure of immigration allowing an exit for the 2nd thirty day waiver. So, it's best to find out if you can do it just a few days prior to your first 30 days being up, and then proceed accordingly. In any case, if you manage it right, no visa is necessary then, for a good 50 to perhaps 60 day long stay.

It just seems easier to me to get the visa rather than taking the bus to the border etc.

I know the visa runs in pattaya are ( were) 2000 baht and all day on the bus.

I see guys doing this (were) and it is nothing but a hassle.

Cambodian entry is $30 Laos entry is $42 plus the bus tickets???????

Again, why?????

When I'm already sitting in an apartment less than 300 meters from the border crossing, and I can get an additional 30 days on top of my first thirty days for no cost at all, ( except for my time to go over and look around and drink a few of those new Myanmar beers ), and the only expense is 10 US dollars to enter Burma for that second 30 day visa exempt entry, it's virtually a "no brainer"! ( By the way, you can get a VIP reclining seat with pillow and blanket,and bottled water, on an air con bus with refreshments included for 620 baht, one way, from Bangkok, to the Burma border. tho it IS an 11 hr bus ride ). Same price going back, although you COULD ride a no air con, non-VIP bus for a little less than half that, if you wanted, but why be uncomfortable)?

I went on the 9 of November to Mae Sai border and made an In/Out successfully.

My Thai history:

I had a 60 days paid visa which i used in Feb-Apr this year,

then i went to Laos for one month

and then back to Thailand again for 10 days via a land border, so i got a 15 days(as i am from Israel) visa exempt stamp on the border.

This time i arrived to Thailand by air so i got a 30 days visa exempt stamp

On the 9th i went to Mae Sai with a scooter, parked next to the gate, out of Thailand, stamp out, no questions, 500 baht and 2 stamps in a small office on the right side just after the bridge, a short walk back, filling the arrival card and waiting 20 minutes in a line for passport control. Stamp in for another 15 days.

Whole thing took 30 minutes.

Edited by bothwingsup

I went on the 9 of November to Mae Sai border and made an In/Out successfully.

My Thai history:

I had a 60 days paid visa which i used in Feb-Apr this year,

then i went to Laos for one month

and then back to Thailand again for 10 days via a land border, so i got a 15 days(as i am from Israel) visa exempt stamp on the border.

This time i arrived to Thailand by air so i got a 30 days visa exempt stamp

On the 9th i went to Mae Sai with a scooter, parked next to the gate, out of Thailand, stamp out, no questions, 500 baht and 2 stamps in a small office on the right side just after the bridge, a short walk back, filling the arrival card and waiting 20 minutes in a line for passport control. Stamp in for another 15 days.

Whole thing took 30 minutes.

you be lucky so because i was there on 27 october and the guy outside the desk check all passport and people with no visa no come to the border