Low cost meal in/around Central World?

Hal65

Lately I've been going to the Big C in Central World (I think that's what the mall is called), a few sois down from N Pattaya Rd. Unlike the Central and South Pattaya locations, I haven't seen a food court with low cost (40 baht) meals.

Does anyone visit Central World often? Where is a good low cost place to have a meal?

I think it's called Central Centre now.

Short answer is "no". No food court and nothing close to a 40 baht meal, unless you count popcorn at the cinema, or a hotdog at Chester's Grill as a meal.

Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Nua has a foodcourt - I can't think of anywhere closer.

Edited to add: Hachiban Ramen (Japanese ramen style, next door to MK) is not expensive and the food is good. If you prefer Thai food, Khao Suey restaurant is good and not too expensive.

Edited by chickenslegs

I find any of the food court meals to be small. For 40-60 baht ou don't seem to get much. In the end I prefer to spend more and get what I am after instead of paying the same and leaving hungry

All depends upon the size of the stomach its trying to fill whistling.gif

Mae Sri Ruen has dishes starting around 50Bt.

This is a good value, clean, aircon, Thai restaurant that serves up lots of noodle dishes and other favorites.

Located on Pattaya Klang just 50 meters or so east of 3rd Rd. They have plenty of parking in the rear.

They have a branch in Jomtien at the Sukhimvit end of Theprasit Rd. and several others I hear.

post-247330-0-07982200-1446449035_thumb.

He means Ground Floor and yes those are two good actual restaurant choices. Not street cheap though especially the latter one.

You could buy ready to eat food at Big C itself. That's cheap. Does anyone know if they will wave it?

I totally agree about the place called Khao Suay (I don't think there is an English sign though, is there?) as being one of the best places for Thai food in town.

Walking north on 2nd road, there is a large outdoor food court catering to tourists on the right. Prices aren't on the menus there and my impression is everything is somewhat inflated.

Or walking south there is actually a pretty good food court near Alkazar. I think a better option for quality than going north. Not the cheapest in town but that's where I would probably go to get the closest to what the OP wants. I used to go the one of the places near the back for some excellent squid pad krapow with rice.

Edited by Jingthing

Plenty of places to eat for 30-45 baht in Korat! Any university has a cafeteria 30 baht with lots of choices and good food. We have a nice Thai restaurant near my house, 40-45 baht, moo kop and many other choices including Beer Chang(Big Bottle) 60 baht! Most noodle shops 30-40 baht and good food. Just look around and I am sure you will find some good places. Just ask some

of the bar girls where they eat and you'll find some good places in Pattaya!

Edited by tomwct