Four Cambodians die and over 20 injured in road accident in Prachin Buri

webfact

Sad loss of life but seems to be normality here.

Yesterday witnessed many heavily overloaded pick ups on the main highway 2 south of Udon,really just come to accept it, but then encountered an unbelievable site but didn't have easy access to a camera at the time.................

.A full size twin wheel ancient box truck was loaded with I would imagine into the hundreds of workers and kids and bikes and many hanging on the rear and on the roof it was packed like a an Indian train.....................because of traffic and roadworks I was plodding along right behind it for a while and was truly shocked, but this is Thailand not the M25.

I hope they made it to their destination.

Rather than apportioning blame or racist slurs against Thai people or Cambodians, it would be nice to see the authorities addressing some of the core issues behind this incident....and there are many!

That will happen when pigs and cows in this country grow wings and fly.

In other words, maybe in 10 generations will there be any changes. It's rather sad for the people who died and speedy recovery for the injured ones.

Not many things make sense in this country if you are looking through the Western rose coloured glasses.

Thailand is still a developing country and until their education level, laws, urban planning, etc reach levels of first world country, things will continue as they are. I suppose given state of their politics, there are other higher priorities.

you seem oblivious to the changes that Thailand has been through in the last 20 years......Thailand is a country in a permanent state of flux...the next few years, months or even days could see massive upheaval.........those who think nothing will change are living in a bubble....those who think they know how it will change are living in a cloud....

A few years ago in Sahnut Sahkon , A wagon driver ran into the back of a bus, dropping off Burmese workers, from their night shift at about 6 30 am, The Thai wagon driver ran off, There was about 36 killed and many injured, My Thai mother in law worked in the Local Government hospital, i went and did some portering for them as they were all poor people, I just took them around the hospital in wheelchairs and help the walking wounded, No big deal,The Sad thing was many were just pached up and put out on the street because they had no money to pay for their treatment, Quite a few lost limbs, so that was there working life over without any support, must admit it brought a few tears to my eyes, knowing that all they was doing was trying to earn money for a better living. And send some home to their family, I also wondered how many families in Burma never heard from their loved one again , thinking that they had been abandoned,. the repercussions of Motor accidents are immense not just at the accident scene.