90 reporting sorry clear as mud...Ubonjoe to the rescue again?

I've read the recent 90 day reporting April thread. I've done some boating over the years and I felt like I was coming into the channel during a heavy fog when I read the thread. Sometimes you can see the buoys clearly, other times not, worst case scenario on the rocks.

I just moved from Samut Prakan after living there for seven months. Walking into the immigration office was a five minute affair to get the stamp and on my way.

I have recently moved to Pattaya. My address is in Naklua, Chon Buri. I'm on a Mac. And tried clicking on link. So I won't dwell on computer discussion now. However Joe my questions are as follows.

1 My last 90 days stamp says come in on or before November 20, 2015. So I figure November 6 is the earliest I can go in.?

2 Like I said forget about computers for now. Although I prefer to do everything that way. But am I supposed to go into the Jomtien office or is there a different one from me.

3 Will I need to bring new condo contract as proof of address? Copies of passport and departure card again? Any other forms or paperwork?

4 The date on my departure card is March 12, 2015. I'm on a retirement Visa. So do I need to go to the American Embassy to obtain Financial affidavit after of this next 90 day report, as an annual cycle?

Thanks in advance Joe...

1. Yes

2. Jomtien is the office you will go to.

3. You may also need a TM28 change of address form and a TM30 from your landlord.

4. You should look at the stamp in your passport not the departure care if you applied for and received an extension of stay. Or do you have a OA visa entry.

You will need to apply for an extension prior to March 12th if that is the correct date.

You will not have to go to the embassy in Bangkok to get your income affidavit. You can get it on February 5th at the consular outreach in Pattaya. See: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outreach.html

My last 90 days stamp says come in on or before November 20, 2015. So I figure November 6 is the earliest I can go in.?

Yes, if your nominal due date for 90 day report is Nov 20, then do not go before Nov 6.

If going on a Friday or Monday is favourable? Thats for the locals.

Latest is Nov 26.

But am I supposed to go into the Jomtien office or is there a different one from me.

If you live in Naklua (northern part of Pattaya) then Jomtien, Soi 5 is THE only place to go.

I hope supporting posts are welcome tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

1. Yes

2. Jomtien is the office you will go to.

3. You may also need a TM28 change of address form and a TM30 from your landlord.

4. You should look at the stamp in your passport not the departure care if you applied for and received an extension of stay. Or do you have a OA visa entry.

You will need to apply for an extension prior to March 12th if that is the correct date.

You will not have to go to the embassy in Bangkok to get your income affidavit. You can get it on February 5th at the consular outreach in Pattaya. See: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outreach.html

Joe thanks for your quick reply.

1&2 are clear

3 I live in condos in Lumpini Project. They will have these? Or get them off the web on flash drive and print them out? Don't have a printer.

4 In passport stamped in returning from India on March 12, 2015 same day on departure card.

However on the previous page I've got a Non "O" stamped until February 16, 2015.

Underneath that it says extended stay permitted up to February 16, 2016

underneath that I've got stamped Retirement then it looks like "Notice" January 28, 2015.

Thanks Joe...

Edited by joeyg

3. Not sure what the project will have. They might of done the TM30 when you moved in. If needed you could get the TM28 and fill it out, It might be easier to go someplace to print out the TM30 form.

4. You need to apply for a new extension prior to February 16th.

Your entry stamp in your passport should have a admitted until date of February 16th, 2016..

... snip ...

Your entry stamp in your passport should have a admitted until date of February 16th, 2016..

This is where I was confused. There was no mention of what should be a pretty prominent reentry permit specifying the same Feb 16, 2016 date, Otoh, if it was not there, presumably immigration would have noticed this when the August 90-day report was done?

3. Not sure what the project will have. They might of done the TM30 when you moved in. If needed you could get the TM28 and fill it out, It might be easier to go someplace to print out the TM30 form.

Yes that's what it says Joe Admit it until February 16, 2016.

as always thanks for your help.

PS I went to the last US Embassy meeting at the Dustani Hotel. I didn't know they had set the date for the next meeting February 5. That simplifies things even more. I can get my affidavit there then and go down to immigration I'm Soi 5. You're the best man...

Edited by joeyg

... snip ...

This is where I was confused. There was no mention of what should be a pretty prominent reentry permit specifying the same Feb 16, 2016 date, Otoh, if it was not there, presumably immigration would have noticed this when the August 90-day report was done?

Not sure I understand. But the February 16, 2016 stamp was there when identity August 90 day Report.

Not sure what you're getting at.

... snip ...

Not sure I understand. But the February 16, 2016 stamp was there when identity August 90 day Report.

What consfused me is that I expected there would be two stamps with the Feb 16, 2016 date:

• the extension of stay (retirement)
  • the reentry permit allowing you to travel out of Thailand and back with the extension of stay intact (for which you will have paid 1,000 baht for a single reentry or 3,800 baht for multiple reentry)

However, if ubonjoe is satisfied that all is in order, that is good enough for me.

... snip ...

What consfused me is that I expected there would be two stamps with the Feb 16, 2016 date:

• the extension of stay (retirement)
  • the reentry permit allowing you to travel out of Thailand and back with the extension of stay intact (for which you will have paid 1,000 baht for a single reentry or 3,800 baht for multiple reentry)

However, if ubonjoe is satisfied that all is in order, that is good enough for me.