Cooling: Air vs. Water (Thailand Specific)

deecypher

Hi all,

Looking at picking up a new small cc bike for town. I see that many of the cheaper bikes are air-cooled, like the Yamaha Fino, GT125, Filano, whereas the Yamaha Mio, Honda Click are liquid. I can read for days the difference, but I'm looking for actual in-country experience.

I would think it's just too damn hot for air-cooling to be effective, especially when idling or in traffic. Am I wrong?

Both engine types are designed to "cope" with high temperatures , however the liquid cooled bikes seem to "cope" better. As they are more expensive they are often fuel injected and give better economy and service life. Have a look at the Yamaha Exciter , or the other Yamaha models.

In BKK papa rode on a Wave110fi taxi showing 160,000.

2.5 years in service.

Driver said no problems ever.

Bike looked nice and ran strong.

The 110cc red\black kick-start version is the best seller.

Nicest styling/lines among the underbones, IpO.

#1 in wwwhat.ever

I just bought a Yamaha GT 125. Way cheaper than Honda Click 125 and seems to be a way better engineered piece of equipment.

Any way back to the OP. Aircooled has to be good. Haven't you seen the Thais stop and get off while they still run?

Thanks for your reply! Can you elaborate on how you think the GT 125 is better engineered? The two bikes are my top choice, although I was leaning towards the Click simply due to the water cooling.

Way cheaper but that was only a special offer for october right?

Just asked Yamaha Square in Kanchanaburi and 43,500B,still the same price as last month.

Thats the standard price, here anyway.

Edited by MAZ3

Got the Click today. Happy so far, except for the seat latch isn't great.

Two out of two rentals, one in Pattaya and one on Koh Larne Island had very inferior seat latches. Both rentals were of the latest model Click and both were very low mileage.

One thing I've noticed about the new Yamaha N-Max, and that is the seat latch is very great. I will have to do a video review on this bike soon, even if I can't find a rental right now.

Just asked Yamaha Square in Kanchanaburi and 43,500B,still the same price as last month.

Its a good price indeed, I thought it was a limited offer. I dont read thai but maybe some clarification on this picture?

550-01%284%29.jpg

Its a good price indeed, I thought it was a limited offer. I dont read thai but maybe some clarification on this picture?

550-01%284%29.jpg

It's says opening price across Thailand until the end of October,but I asked the owner of Yamaha Square yesterday and she said its still the same price.

I thought she said 43,500,but maybe it was 43,000. Didn't really look that closely as they were closing. I'll try and confirm tomorrow.

Edited by MAZ3

Double checked today at Yamaha Square Kanchanaburi and she is selling the GT125 at 43,000,with 5 year warranty and free Labour on servicing(just pay for oil and any parts) for life.

This price is for the foreseeable future,she doesn't know what other dealers are doing.

post-99099-14470856623364_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAZ3

Some technical info and other colours,by the way.

I'm not connected in anyway to this company,apart from buying a Spark last year for the Missus and had excellent service from them.

She also speaks perfect English.

post-99099-14470865582447_thumb.jpg

post-99099-14470865753011_thumb.jpg

post-99099-14470865956166_thumb.jpg

post-99099-14470866103706_thumb.jpg

post-99099-1447086647415_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAZ3