Monk calls on Thai govt to burn down 1 mosque for 1 dead Buddhist monk

webfact

Monk calls on govt to burn down 1 mosque for 1 dead Buddhist monk
By Coconuts Bangkok

monk_photo.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Buddhist monk has urged the government to burn a mosque for every Buddhist monk killed by insurgents in the deep South and to let people in the southern provinces carry guns.

The radical views were posted on Facebook by Aphichat Promjan, chief lecturer monk at Benjamabophit Temple on Thursday.

“If a [buddhist] monk in the three southern border provinces dies from an explosion or being shot at the hands of the ‘Malayu bandits’, a mosque should be burned, starting from the northern part of Thailand southwards,” the monk said.

The term ‘Malayu bandits’ refers to the insurgent groups in the three Southern provinces of Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/02/monk-calls-govt-burn-down-1-mosque-1-dead-buddhist-monk

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-03

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Guy definately doesn't have a natural calling for the Bhuddist Monkhood!

Mosques are only mortar and bricks and replicable, human life aren't, so far those Muslim terrorists

are killing innocent people indiscreetly and with malic, as many as 6,000 people are already dead

and counting, and if it take a very radicle and extreme idea to stop it, that I'm all for it...

He is not calling for murder, just doing away with a property that is probably spreading hate resulting in murder.

No. What he is saying is let's try and push Islam as far south as possible. Reports do say it is a minority of Muslims causing the problem. But it's definitely a problem!

Not all that surprising.

This kind of thing actually happens every day in Myanmar, with its hard-line radical monks.

I have to say that Buddhism in Thailand really does leave a lot to be desired.

What with their iPads, iPhones, people praying to win the lottery etc - I mean, how far removed from Buddhist values is that?

I wonder if the govt would ever dare launch a crackdown on the Buddhist monks?

Mosques are only mortar and bricks and replicable, human life aren't, so far those Muslim terrorists

are killing innocent people indiscreetly and with malic, as many as 6,000 people are already dead

and counting, and if it take a very radicle and extreme idea to stop it, that I'm all for it...

Both sides in this conflict have committed atrocities and are guilty of indiscriminate murder.

This idiots solution is moronic.

I've read the problem down south is very complex. Due to corrupt government officials and substantial amounts of money involved. It's not all a religious issue.

But this monk should be disrobed.

Regardless whether this is a good or bad idea from us laymen , this person is a man of the cloth and it doesn't matter whether that person is a priest , Inman , Monk or pastor ,they are a person of the cloth, this is such a good example of why you don't back religion and the reason to declare yourself an Atheist , religion is a portal of supposably peace, this Buddhist Monk looks like he wants peace , a piece of the action , it is well documented that religion along with the female species are the main cause of all wars, so we shouldn't be too surprised by this stupid idea........coffee1.gif

This man is a douche and should be disrobed for inciting violence and hatred. He's the anti-Buddhist.

How about a temple is burnt down for every Muslim killed by a Buddhist?

Oh no, that's definitely not okay!!!. As long as it doesn't affect me and my kind - it's alright by me.