Removing the street vendors . what is this point?

drronnie

Some years ago, people came to experience Thailand; now, they come to change it to resemble whatever stuck-up, prig-filled sh!t-hole they came from.

Sad.

The crackdown on vendors is being organised by Thais and I think most Thais support it.

Your point?

Mine was that there is a lot of smug self-righteousness in support of this BS. And the supporters are the usual crowd, whining about the terrible inconveniences foist upon them by those cheeky Thais, who have been doing things their way since long before the whiners ever heard of Thailand.

Now, can you pull some more opinions about which Thais support this action out of your fundament, for us all?

Thanks, awfully.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some years ago, people came to experience Thailand; now, they come to change it to resemble whatever stuck-up, prig-filled sh!t-hole they came from.

Sad.

The crackdown on vendors is being organised by Thais and I think most Thais support it.

Your point?

Mine was that there is a lot of smug self-righteousness in support of this BS. And the supporters are the usual crowd, whining about the terrible inconveniences foist upon them by those cheeky Thais, who have been doing things their way since long before the whiners ever heard of Thailand.

Now, can you pull some more opinions about which Thais support this action out of your fundament, for us all?

Thanks, awfully.

My point is that it is the 'cheeky little Thais' who are actually clearing the vendors out of the way for the benefit of other 'cheeky little Thais' and in my opinion most Thais support it and have had enough of pavement encroachment.

Would you like me to commission a survey to back up my opinion?

The street vendors were made to operate off the pavement and into shop fronts in Singapore. Much cleaner & tidier but completely destroyed the street atmosphere, the vibrance and verve.

The street vendors are one of the endearing features of Thailand. This country is rapidly being destroyed by, mainly American, corporations. Please Mr army man, don't take this away

seconded

Sad.

Your point?

Thanks, awfully.

. Fact is in many areas in Bangkok THAIS have complained about the sidewalks being far too congested in the daytime. One of the reasons they been cleared .So who's the whiner being smug and self righteous . Take a look in the mirror! Edited by kingalfred