How much do you pay for your apartment in town e.g Hillside or Chiang Mai Flora

ARISTIDE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

N.B. - Hillside 4 is doing major renovation on about 6 units on the upper floors and at times the construction noise is quite loud from 11am to about 4:30pm. Really loud.

Before making a reservation you might want to ask them about their construction schedule for when you're thinking of renting. Without the noise, IMHO, it's a nice place to live.

So true.... at least the management committee limit the periods that construction can take place. Some condos are rather loose and you may end up with construction noise very early till rather late.

Still that's not fun if you're indoors during the day and hammer drills are making a lot of racket.

The older condos such as Nakornping have studio rooms from around Bht8000. You get what you pay for. Some are modern, good storage, nice kitchen, others are in need of work. Condo management is good, noise only weekdays until around 16:30.

External building noise is not good right now and likely to be that way for a year at least. Rooms away from this area would be quieter. Larger rooms are available at times, but now is peak period.

Good parking on lower levels, excellent store at Ground level, two small restaurants. Acoustics are not good as it's all concrete. Mobile phone signal on the higher floors far from good. Rentals cheapest for 12 month contracts.

N.B. - Hillside 4 is doing major renovation on about 6 units on the upper floors and at times the construction noise is quite loud from 11am to about 4:30pm. Really loud.

Before making a reservation you might want to ask them about their construction schedule for when you're thinking of renting. Without the noise, IMHO, it's a nice place to live.

So true.... at least the management committee limit the periods that construction can take place. Some condos are rather loose and you may end up with construction noise very early till rather late.

Still that's not fun if you're indoors during the day and hammer drills are making a lot of racket.

All old Condo are the same never rent in one older than 15 years

Hammer Drills Cut tiles all making a lot of racket

Floral condo costs 25k per month for the smallest unit. Never heard of Flora.

I thought Flora was the name of the one you can get to by walking all the way through Hillside 4. It is expensive and I don't believe they have that many units for long term. Primarily a hotel. I can't remember a lot as they were not really open about it at the desk told me they only had a few and I believe they were in the 40,000 baht range. Did manage to get a look inside one when the maid was cleaning really big. 2 swimming pools one on the roof very nice and a nice barbeque there also. Have heard that is no longer that great.

Floral condo costs 25k per month for the smallest unit. Never heard of Flora.

I thought Flora was the name of the one you can get to by walking all the way through Hillside 4. It is expensive and I don't believe they have that many units for long term. Primarily a hotel. I can't remember a lot as they were not really open about it at the desk told me they only had a few and I believe they were in the 40,000 baht range. Did manage to get a look inside one when the maid was cleaning really big. 2 swimming pools one on the roof very nice and a nice barbeque there also. Have heard that is no longer that great.

That's Furama

I pay 9000 Baht for a house downtown that's walking distance to the bars, the big city markets, etc.

Never measured it but it's probably 120 sq. meters, not counting the parking out front and patio at the back.

Condominiums are overrated. And in the wrong place, by and large.

My condo is close to everything with a pool and I pay a lot less than you do and I am close to everything you can name. 120 sq. metre house is more than double the space I need and would want to A/C. Over 5 years we have developed a real tight community here which in my opinion is important as we age gracefully. I get by with a push bike for everything I need. Overrated hmm hardly. Careful somebody will start a cock fighting business in your back yard and you will be cock a doodled doood.

There's nothing at Floral under 22k and can easily be as high as 50K.

At the top one can pay 100k+ baht per month.

Place must be empty at that price. Solid gold fixtures in the bathroom maybe? As W.C. Fields famously said there is one born every day one being on the light side of things I think they now number in the 100's daily maybe more when I look at the stupid politico's we elect.

Place must be empty at that price. Solid gold fixtures in the bathroom maybe? As W.C. Fields famously said there is one born every day one being on the light side of things I think they now number in the 100's daily maybe more when I look at the stupid politico's we elect.
It's a cut above the rest.

It's none of those things, just large with a great view, fact is many of the finishings are very dated. Having said that, all four of them are almost constantly occupied.

It's none of those things, just large with a great view, fact is many of the finishings are very dated. Having said that, all four of them are almost constantly occupied.

There are more than four units at Floral. Probably about one hundred or so.

There are more than four units at Floral. Probably about one hundred or so.

I'm referring to the four penthouses at the top of the building, I believe that was the recent subject of discussion. And FWIW there's 86 units at Floral.

not to mention location,arguably the best around,whats the selling price these days c/maibiggrin.png

not to mention location,arguably the best around,whats the selling price these days c/maibiggrin.png

There's three sizes, 2 bed/1 bath @ 100 sq. metres, 2 bed/2.5 bath + maids room 150 sq. metre and Penthouse, circa 360 sq metres as I recall. Figure about 6/7 mill, 8/9 mill and 16/18 mill respectively - prices vary based on fittings, decoration and position in the building and fairly accurate one year ago.

It's worth noting that the building, whilst very well constructed, is nearing a point where some of the plumbing and sewage needs serious attention.

EDIT to add rent: anywhere from 25K to 40K for the 100 and 150 sq. m. units based on one years rental..

Hillside Condos Number 7, 8 and 9 in the Chiang Mai Business Park can be had for about 7,000 baht for the smallest, cheapest unit. Expect to pay 8,500 to 9,000 baht for slightly better and slightly larger ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have lived in both condos and houses in Thailand and unless I was under the gun for some reason, I would never live in a condo again, ever. For 8,000 to 15,000 baht (max) you can rent a house with a yard and a carport, a nice working kitchen (the Hillside condos I mentioned do not have cooking other than a hotplate and a sink), space for a den or study and storage. There is room for gardening and you can have pets (and room for them to run around).

I understand that if you want no responsibility for upkeep of a yard, don't care about plants or flowers or growing your own herbs, don't like to cook and want to take all your meals outside (except what you can fashion from the fridge, such as sandwiches), do not want a pet (Hillside forbids pets), do not want extra space (including for example a washing machine and a place to hang-dry clothes), and do not like the feeling of openness (as opposed to the condo feel of being in a stalag, walking past rows of doors to other cells of others -- put your hand on the wall and know there is another person just feet away, perhaps listening to you too), then living in a house is not for you.

I pay 9000 Baht for a house downtown that's walking distance to the bars, the big city markets, etc.

Never measured it but it's probably 120 sq. meters, not counting the parking out front and patio at the back.

My condo is close to everything with a pool and I pay a lot less than you do and I am close to everything you can name. 120 sq. metre house is more than double the space I need and would want to A/C. Over 5 years we have developed a real tight community here which in my opinion is important as we age gracefully. I get by with a push bike for everything I need. Overrated hmm hardly. Careful somebody will start a cock fighting business in your back yard and you will be cock a doodled doood.

Sounds good. What building is that?

so around the 65.000 baht a sq metre,good odds as the floral tics most boxs, that with rimping ,are my picks (in the city area)

outside the city limits green valley condo maerim,is a good call

urban maerim (behind jirung health village) is coming along nicely perhaps 6 months from a total finish

i have had a sticky beak a couple times,with only 32 units etc etc was impressed,

being a beautiful maerimitesmile.png have u seen that one c/mai????

a very nice morning to allbiggrin.png

Hillside Condos Number 7, 8 and 9 in the Chiang Mai Business Park can be had for about 7,000 baht for the smallest, cheapest unit. Expect to pay 8,500 to 9,000 baht for slightly better and slightly larger ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have lived in both condos and houses in Thailand and unless I was under the gun for some reason, I would never live in a condo again, ever. For 8,000 to 15,000 baht (max) you can rent a house with a yard and a carport, a nice working kitchen (the Hillside condos I mentioned do not have cooking other than a hotplate and a sink), space for a den or study and storage. There is room for gardening and you can have pets (and room for them to run around).

I understand that if you want no responsibility for upkeep of a yard, don't care about plants or flowers or growing your own herbs, don't like to cook and want to take all your meals outside (except what you can fashion from the fridge, such as sandwiches), do not want a pet (Hillside forbids pets), do not want extra space (including for example a washing machine and a place to hang-dry clothes), and do not like the feeling of openness (as opposed to the condo feel of being in a stalag, walking past rows of doors to other cells of others -- put your hand on the wall and know there is another person just feet away, perhaps listening to you too), then living in a house is not for you.

Nicely done. The assume your way of living is better than others' way of living - class act that.

I don't want to live in a house. I like the security of a condo. I like the maid service of my condo. I like the fact that it's nowhere near a ground floor and keeps the local spiders a long way from my bedroom. I certainly don't want a pet. I can cook - you do know that there's nothing stopping people from having cooking facilities in a condo, right? It's not like there's a law against cooking in an apartment. If someone's listening to me - they're likely very bored. The sound of a keyboard tapping doesn't make for a great deal of interest.

Now, having said all that. I have no issue with your choice to live in a house - you go right ahead and do what makes you happy but don't assume it would make everyone else happy. The joy of being human is that we're all different and there's nothing about where you choose to live that makes you superior to anyone else. No matter what you have come to believe.

Does it have a swimming pool? Do you get free newspapers to read in the foyer every day? Is your WiFi free? Security? Yes, some people prefer houses to condos - each to his own.

I pay 8500 baht a month.

Condo prices here vary with location, room size, amenities and reputation. For example, a Thai friend of mine rents out a 30 sqm fully furnished unit for 3000 baht a month. It's not close to amenities, and no lift, so you have to climb 4 flights of stairs.

Several condos in Chiang Mai have a bad reputation. One has water problems with rust coming out of the taps. Another has constant electrical malfunctions. It's a good idea to talk to tenants in a building to assess whether you you will be comfortable there.

A lot depends on what floor you live on and how well furnished the condo is. Ammenities also play a part as does length of stay/contract.

8500 is very reasonable for HS4 IMHO.

What is IMHO?

In My Humble Opinion

Archived