Dogs being tortured?

mogo51

I live in a condo in South Pattaya, near the flyover. There is constant dog squealing day in day out, night and day. Either there are dogs being tortured nearby or they are on the menu? Do we have an Animal Welfare League in Pattaya, that I can contact and get this checked out? It can't be dogs getting hit on the road although it is the same sound, because it is just too frequent.

Have you taken a walk to check it out. There is a group of Soi dogs that hang by the lights. They seem to get more aggressive at night. One is treated like a slave by the others. Try's to get up and gets bitten badly. Very strange situation that I have witnessed a few times while waiting for the light in the back of a baht bus. Just a wild guess.

Ringtone on someone's mobile would be my guess........................coffee1.gif

But being a little serious, if there is a dog pack about, it could well be the omega being knocked about by the rest. The omega is the dog with the lowest standing in a pack, and they can take a lot of punishment as they will always appear to be submissive to the rest.

Korean BBQ maybe?

As anto says in his post, some local eedjit probably has a pack of dogs confined on his property. Not much to be done about hat in LOS though. I have a neighbour doing exactly the same. His dogs make the most pitiful of sounds when not fed for a day or two.

Many of these Soi Dogs that chase after motorcycles, causing accidents and bite injuries, could use a good "torturing".

I have no sympathy for any of them. They're in the same category as rats and mice. Does anyone feel sorry for rats?

Edited by tropo

^^^ what a sad, bitter & pathetic little man ^^^

(LOL - what took you so long?)

Nah ... I just hate soi dogs. I have no issue with clean, domesticated dogs which don't carry disease and don't chase me down the street trying to bite me.

Edited by tropo

• 2 weeks later...

In Thailand, dogs are seen as low cost security guards. Their "wage" is a bowl of rice per day.

Never have I seen a Thai dog owner to pet his dog, scratch him behind his ears, mumbling a few kind words of praise.

Observations like this say more than a thousand books "Explaining Thai mentality to foreigners".

-------------------------------------

- There is another form of torture very common in Thailand. It's called an "original Thai-massage". Performed by Thai-women that have found a way to vent their pent-up anger in connection with Farangs. smile.png

Cheers.

people should be able to walk around and not be hassled by these dogs ...i cheer when i see one get run over ...and the pc squad can well and truly

They're more than just a hassle too. You get bitten by one, you're life is a risk, and it gonna cost you plenty for a course of rabies vaccinations.

... and further to that, a lot of people come off their bikes trying to avoid nasty dogs chasing them. My next door neighbour has some nasty scars on her leg from an accident a few months ago when she was trying to avoid being bitten - and she's a dog lover and has a few pets dogs - how's that for irony?