Presently on double entry tourist already recieved

I am on the 1st 60 day entry on a double entry tourist visa I received on 12 October.

I intend to go tomorrow 5 November to get the 1st 30 day extension on my current double entry visa at CW.

I must do my 2nd 60 day entry before January.

I know that after 13 November I will not be able to get another double entry tourist, but I presume that as I have a valid visa now obtained before 13 November, I will be able to still use it as before 13 November.

Anyway, I will ask about that fact tomorrow at CW..... and I will report what they tell me on this forum.

As I already have the visa, I don't expect any problems in in using that existing visa as it was before November 13.

If I am told differently, I will post the info on this forum.

Did your read this reply I did to a post you did in another topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867332-can-we-still-get-2-entry-tourist-visa/#entry10028548

For another 100 baht you could apply for a change to a non immigrant visa and then do an extension of stay based upon retirement.

Ubonjoe you have the patience of a saint

That is what is created when my fingers do the post. At times it is not always my thoughts or mumbling's..

• Like 2

Anyway, I will ask about that fact tomorrow at CW..... and I will report what they tell me on this forum.

Really nothing to report. If you have a valid, unexpired 2 entry tourist visa you can use it for your second entry.

I am on the 1st 60 day entry on a double entry tourist visa I received on 12 October.

If your visa was issued at an embassy or consulate on 12 October it should remain valid to use for your second entry for 3 months from that date.

Your first entry should have given you a 60 days permission to stay from the date you actually first entered the country, which would at least carry you until the first week or later of December. Why extend it now? Not even sure immigrations would allow you to extend a tourist visa this early.

I don't expect any problems in in using that existing visa as it was before November 13.

Hopefully if you start asking questions at Immigrations they will understand what you are going on about. What does 13 November have to do with either the validity of the visa or your current permission to stay? The MFA decides about what visas embassies will issue and when, not immigrations. If you were issued a visa it will be honored by immigrations.

Edited by Suradit69

Did your read this reply I did to a post you did in another topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867332-can-we-still-get-2-entry-tourist-visa/#entry10028548

For another 100 baht you could apply for a change to a non immigrant visa and then do an extension of stay based upon retirement.

Ubonjoe you have the patience of a saint

That is what is created when my fingers do the post. At times it is not always my thoughts or mumbling's..

As a long time follower of this forum, I'd like to thank you for all your contributions. And if you ever want to sell a soundtrack of those "mumblings" I would definitely pay handsomely.

Ubonjoe's advice is simplest and best. Convert your TV to a 90-day non-o, then in its last 30 days do a year-long extension for retirement

Hi Gents

Have just come bak from working in Laos for a year. They refused to give me a non O visa and would only issue a 2 entry 60 day tourist. How do I go about changing to non O in Thailand and then applying for retirement extension, money in Thai account no problem.

Ubonjoe's advice is simplest and best. Convert your TV to a 90-day non-o, then in its last 30 days do a year-long extension for retirement

Hi Gents

Have just come bak from working in Laos for a year. They refused to give me a non O visa and would only issue a 2 entry 60 day tourist. How do I go about changing to non O in Thailand and then applying for retirement extension, money in Thai account no problem.

Where did you apply for it? Did you have your bank book to show the money was there?

You can apply a change of visa status at Bangkok immigration and a few nearby offices.(Jomtien is one) to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. You can do it any time during your 60 day entry from the visa up to the last 15 days.

It will require 2 trips to immigration 15 days apart to get the visa/entry stamps.

Hi Gents

Where did you apply for it? Did you have your bank book to show the money was there?

You can apply a change of visa status at Bangkok immigration and a few nearby offices.(Jomtien is one) to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. You can do it any time during your 60 day entry from the visa up to the last 15 days.

It will require 2 trips to immigration 15 days apart to get the visa/entry stamps.

Thanks for your reply Ubonjoe

I applied in Vientiane and had Kasikorn bankbook to back up my application, but was told can only issue if married to Thai and some other things that I did not really understand. Tried to tell them that I had 2 retirement extensions before working in Laos but no good. Can I apply for the change to non O in Udon Thani. Thanks again.

Hi Gents

I applied in Vientiane and had Kasikorn bankbook to back up my application, but was told can only issue if married to Thai and some other things that I did not really understand. Tried to tell them that I had 2 retirement extensions before working in Laos but no good. Can I apply for the change to non O in Udon Thani. Thanks again.

You can only "convert" the tourist visa entry to an "O" visa entry in Bangkok. You will need at least 15 days of your entry left and the conversion requires two trips to immigration

You might be better advised to update your bank book and try for the single entry non "O" in Penang or (Vientiane ?)

Hi Gents

That is strange because many people have gotten the single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Vientiane. All they showed was their bank book.

Was your bank book recently updated?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents

That is strange because many people have gotten the single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Vientiane. All they showed was their bank book.

Was your bank book recently updated?