PM Prayut: Pheu Thai must not mislead public on rice scheme

webfact

PM: Pheu Thai must not mislead public on rice scheme
The Nation

Prayut says 'present your evidence in court instead of creating chaos'

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged former Pheu Thai MPs to stop using the previous government’s rice-pledging scheme to mislead the public, suggesting they should legally contest the case by providing evidence in the courts.

His statement followed remarks by some former MPs attacking the government's use of Article 44 of the interim charter to pursue wrongdoers in the controversial scheme, which led to a huge loss of taxpayer money.

Prayut said those accused in this scheme should present their evidence to defend themselves in the courts rather than misleading the public to create chaos.

The Pheu Thai Party yesterday also issued a statement charging Prayut in his capacity as head of National Council on Peace and Order (NCPO) of abusing his powers by resorting to use of Article 44 of the interim charter to provide legal protection to state officials responsible for managing the government’s remaining rice stocks.

First, the party said, it was not necessary for the government to issue the special order under Article 44 because there were normal rules and regulations governing storage of rice stocks and their sales. There were also laws concerning legal action against former politicians who could face lawsuits for causing damage in the rice scheme.

Second, the party said, Article 44, which empowers one person to exercise executive, legislative and judicial powers, is against the rule of law so there was no legal basis for the order to protect state officials in this case.

Third, the party said, the order runs counter to the NCPO's announcement No 63/2557, which states that the NCPO will ensure justice for people. Fourth, there is a "double-standard" practice in this case. Fifth, the court of law should be allowed to exercise its impartiality in considering the alleged wrongdoings.

Meanwhile, Korkaew Pikulthong, a former Pheu Thai MP, said the government had to answer key questions created by its legal action against former premier Yingluck Shinawatra, who implemented the rice-pledging scheme.

Korkaew said the government had suggested that rice stocks resulting from the scheme had turned bad, resulting in a low price when sold in the market. However, there was no clear evidence on the quality of rice stocks owned by the government, so some persons could have benefited financially from this situation.

Korkaew also raised questions about the government's attempt to file civil lawsuits against former premier Yingluck to seek massive compensation for allegedly causing the loss of tax payers' money in implementing the rice-pledging scheme.

In his opinion, such a move was unprecedented since every previous government had implemented rice-pledging or rice price insurance or related schemes to help farmers.

Korkaew also argued that it was not usual for this kind of scheme to face heavy losses since it was aimed at helping farmers and improving their livelihood.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-Pheu-Thai-must-not-mislead-public-on-rice-schem-30272281.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-05

If it was not for the Thai ness about direct approach , my guess would be that the P M would go directly for the throat with the misapproperation of money and rice,

HE SAID I SAID DOES NOT STAND UP IN COURT , and that is what Mr Prayut is asking for , hard facts,

Very hard job for the PM from where I am looking from.

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged former Pheu Thai MPs to stop using the previous government’s rice-pledging scheme to mislead the public, suggesting they should legally contest the case by providing evidence in the courts."

Well...You can't tell them the truth. Since they've never been exposed to that concept, there is no way they will understand what they are being told.

Edited by jaltsc

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged former Pheu Thai MPs to stop using the previous government’s rice-pledging scheme to mislead the public, suggesting they should legally contest the case by providing evidence in the courts."

Well...You can't tell them the truth. Since they've never been exposed to that concept, there is no way they will understand what they are being told.

Oh how I agree.

Truth/facts are so so elusive in this country.

I rarely get "straight answers" from anyone about anything. Always a round about story that leaves me confused. e.g. every time I take something to get fixed several times for the same problem I get a 10 minute story and the issue remains unsolved.

I could suggest that if something approaching rules and regulations covering sub judice matters were in place it might help stop this nonsense of verbal jousting in public BUT there's really nothing that can control the Thai need to talk.

Oh how I agree.

I rarely get "straight answers" from anyone about anything. Always a round about story that leaves me confused. e.g. every time I take something to get fixed several times for the same problem I get a 10 minute story and the issue remains unsolved.

Go and try to get something fixed in the west and the proprietor thinks; "How can I solve this problem in the most efficient manner". Try and get the same thing fixed in Thailand and the proprietor thinks; "How can I save face" and doesn't even think about your problem.

If it was not for the Thai ness about direct approach , my guess would be that the P M would go directly for the throat with the misapproperation of money and rice,

HE SAID I SAID DOES NOT STAND UP IN COURT , and that is what Mr Prayut is asking for , hard facts,

Well it doesn't help when he makes his own "hard" facts up in the first place

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/868310-pm-prayut-urges-media-to-help-solve-internal-conflicts/#entry10042746

PT just lie down and take it, just like you expected Thailand to do when you were riding roughshod through the country.

You mean like when people had voting rights, were allowed to protest, say and think what they liked, the press wasn't gagged etc, that sort of riding roughshod? Sorry, it doesn't compute.

Well it doesn't help when he makes his own "hard" facts up in the first place

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/868310-pm-prayut-urges-media-to-help-solve-internal-conflicts/#entry10042746

All PTP Yingluck has to do is quite simple. prove that all was in order and they did exactly what they were paid for, running the country as vowed to do.

Give evidence where the money was spent---as in audit accounts---then they have nothing to fear. OK GET IT.

No good arguing about kelly's R.sole, when it is all there to be seen. UNLESS PTP-Yingluck are trying to cover something up. Easy really.

PT just lie down and take it, just like you expected Thailand to do when you were riding roughshod through the country.

You mean like when people had voting rights, were allowed to protest, say and think what they liked, the press wasn't gagged etc, that sort of riding roughshod? Sorry, it doesn't compute.

Jeez. Blinkers on full captain.

You mean when non-red shirt MP's dare not campaign up-country for fear of violence ?.

You mean when 30 (THIRTY) protesters after an utterly disgraceful amnesty bill were murdered by government UDD terrorists in 90-odd separate grenade attacks to try and scare them home ?.

You mean when the press regularly got grenades left on their gateposts or firebombs in their back yard if they wrote something the reds didn't like ?.

To compute, you need a computer and you sound like you are running on a ZX80. With no upgrade path. And a bad case of chip-rot.

Edited by EnglishJohn

You mean protesting like when grenades were thrown at innocent people and children were killed?

Oh how I agree.

They struggle with fact and they will tell you something is done , or ordered or finished because they think it will be so , but have no facts to show you or asked for any from other parities , you really have to get down and serious with them to get the truth which is usually They dont know, they are just telling you what they think you want to hear

When exactly was that then?

Thaksin and his puppet sister did there best to suppress the media during Shin governments, and suppress people's social media comments during PTP's regime, and set DSI under lackey Tarit for daring to make fun of them, Allowed to protest - do so against the Shins and risk grenades, shootings, and even machine gunning your mom's house for blowing a whistle.

But the were elected, don't you know, and could do anything they wanted so it's alright.

When exactly was that then?

Thaksin and his puppet sister did there best to suppress the media during Shin governments, and suppress people's social media comments during PTP's regime, and set DSI under lackey Tarit for daring to make fun of them, Allowed to protest - do so against the Shins and risk grenades, shootings, and even machine gunning your mom's house for blowing a whistle.

But the were elected, don't you know, and could do anything they wanted so it's alright.

...................."when people had voting rights"..................It's my vote and I can sell it to anyone I like !

..................."were allowed to protest"............... Yes, you were allowed to protest, except you ran the risk of being murdered by the PTP's private army.

................"the press wasn't gagged"................. ?????

I don't think jesimps was aware of what went on when the Shin regime ruled the country with an Iron Fist approach -

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/29/1077989434975.html?from=storyrhs

https://cpj.org/2006/06/thailand-acting-prime-minister-files-more-criminal.php

you mean when people sold their votes? Or when people were allowed to blow up children with RPG's. Or when the Ying Govt removed the opposition from parliament with the riot squad so they could pass a bill to give amnesty to over 25,000 cases of corruption to bring back Taksin. etc etc tec...is that what you mean?

"...rather than misleading the public to create chaos..."

I wonder who the real person is who is misleading the public and creating chaos?

Do you ?.

Keep watching the news : he makes an appearance every week or two to rile up his supporters a bit so they don't forget him.

Pheu-Thai do what they are told like pet dogs who get spanked if they disobey. Never forget the 310:0 amnesty disgrace.

Once God takes that man away from this planet, Thailand has a chance for reconciliation. Not before.