Phuket to Koh Lanta

swbaggies

Thats going to be fairly dangerous as at one point you get to four lanes in Krabi and people doing 120+, meanwhile you're scooting along at 70 when wrongside rider is coming at you and you have to swerve out into 120+ vehicles. Sure you don't want to take the boat and rent a scooter when you get down there? leave your scooter at Rassada pier.

Otherwise if you must, just follow your map it's a pretty simple route. Once off the island take the right on the 4 (not straight to Khao Lak), stay there until the right at the signal in Phang Nga, left in Krabi toward Trang, pass the Krabi airport to KM 74 where there is a huge sign that says Lanta, right turn, two ferries and there.

But I'd recommend either a van or the boat instead of the scooter........

thanks for the reply everyone.

Phuketrichard, do you use a particular ferry company? and if you know a rough price that would be even better

thanks

Phuket -> Lanta ferry

935 baht each way http://www.phuketferry.com/

The 2 ferries by road to Lanta, just wait in the queue for next ferry, about 30 minute wait at most,price with a m/bike just a few baht, really inexpensive even with a car.

One option is to take a boat to Koh Yao Yai / Noy and from there to Krabi.

I tried to follow this advice last time, when I went to Kho Lanta. There was no ferry which would take my (and my friends) PCX. So I did the way by road, it was a nice day trip, and I enjoyed the ride very much.

See some pictures/impressions here: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1026

Done it once on a Honda dream almost 11 years ago. Went fine, met a really friendly family in the middle of nowhere excited that a strange farrang had stopped for petrol.

If you really need to take your own bike go for it. Longish drive for a scooter, arse will be sore but can do. But the passenger ferry via phi phi is much easier and can rent bike other end. Minibus middle ground on cost and comfort.

27th Dec 2004 most transport was in panic mode so was my only choice.

• 3 months later...
Yes, riding a scooter from Phuket to Koh Lanta would be dangerous, exhausting and a tad time consuming. Could be fun though, but definitely up to you. Might as well take a ferry from Phuket to Lanta and spend more time getting around in Lanta and exploring it. PhuketFerry is a highly reliable ferry company. Customer service is great and their ferries are safe and very reliable. Very easy to book with them and they offer the lowest prices.