What website do you use to buy Thai products ?

SaWatDeeKub

I know that there are a lot of online market place which I can buy from such as Amazon, Ebay and Etsy. But I'm in Thailand and interested in Thai products, I have no idea to find those ones online. Don't Thailand have the same online e-commerce as Aliexpress(which Chinese sell their stuffs to foreigners) ? Could you please tell me where to find Thai products in the same way as I do on Aliexpress. Thanks in advances :)

Lazada is not a site made for selling Thai products but a local retail web site selling products (many high discount end of line) and allowing local merchants to sell to local market (imports not exports). It is very good for some items and well worth the effort to look at to compare price. But admit there search leaves a great deal to be desired - try different searches for best results.

There are so many shops selling online in Thailand.

I sometimes order online for convinience and saving money.

Also specialized products that are close to impossible to get upcountry (e.g. a 3M facial mask with filters).

Or recently a smartphone for 1000 Baht less than in local shops, delivered to the gate in upcountry village next morning after ordering.

https://www.itruemart.com/en

BUT: most shops are in Thai language only and require some form of pay before delivery.

So far I had no bad experience. Fortunately.

Just today I saw a report about "Mr. Tarad" (Rakuten Tarad):

http://e27.co/rakuten-tarad-founder-md-speak-echelon-thailand-2015-20151105/

That is comparable to ali*, as it is an umbrella for all kind of suppliers.

http://www.tarad.com/?scid=wi_tha_topflag

I should mention that I pay by online banking, so no need to move from the desk.

Edited by KhunBENQ

www.lazada.co.th

Thank you for your comment smile.png

www.lazada.co.th

I find that website to be so disorganized as to be virtually worthless. YMMV.

Thank you @TheAppleTons for your comments and opinion wink.png

What kind of products are you looking for ?

On Alibaba you can select the country of origin in order to find only products made in Thailand.

Thank you for your comment and question smile.png. Kinda products I'm looking for are electronic, O-TOP and Thai traditional herbal and personal care products. Anyway most of them on Alibaba are Thai wholesale supplier, which is B2B(business to business) not C2C(customer 2 customer). they require high amount of units to order, but I just want online retail website like Aliexpress in China from which all of us can buy retail stuffs wink.png

Lazada is not a site made for selling Thai products but a local retail web site selling products (many high discount end of line) and allowing local merchants to sell to local market (imports not exports). It is very good for some items and well worth the effort to look at to compare price. But admit there search leaves a great deal to be desired - try different searches for best results.

Thank you for your comment and advice biggrin.png I have tried checking the website, and I found Lazada having lower price than Ebay and Amazon!!! this website might be one of my top 5 online marketplaces while I'm in Thailand. additionally, I would try using them to compare prices between other websites to get best results wink.png

If you are referring to computer equipment, electronics, etc. you can browse through my pinned topic here - On-Line Computer/Electronic Stores

Woww Thank you for your comment ohmy.png your topic is very useful. it is a great source for online shopper in Thailand smile.png

There are so many shops selling online in Thailand.

I sometimes order online for convinience and saving money.

Also specialized products that are close to impossible to get upcountry (e.g. a 3M facial mask with filters).

Or recently a smartphone for 1000 Baht less than in local shops, delivered to the gate in upcountry village next morning after ordering.

https://www.itruemart.com/en

BUT: most shops are in Thai language only and require some form of pay before delivery.

So far I had no bad experience. Fortunately.

Just today I saw a report about "Mr. Tarad" (Rakuten Tarad):

http://e27.co/rakuten-tarad-founder-md-speak-echelon-thailand-2015-20151105/

That is comparable to ali*, as it is an umbrella for all kind of suppliers.

http://www.tarad.com/?scid=wi_tha_topflag

I should mention that I pay by online banking, so no need to move from the desk.

Thank you for your comment ;) without your comment, I would not know these 2 website :D

Recently, I found the most popular secondhand website, which will help you save money, in Thailand. Unfortunately, most of sellers and buyers are Thai and the website is in Thai. The pros of this website is that the price is very very low. hope this comment would help you save money wink.png

Link : http://kaidee.com

Edited by SaWatDeeKub

Thank you for your comment and advice biggrin.png I have tried checking the website, and I found Lazada having lower price than Ebay and Amazon!!! this website might be one of my top 5 online marketplaces while I'm in Thailand. additionally, I would try using them to compare prices between other websites to get best results wink.png

I understand Lazada can be very convenient if you live in the countryside but cheaper than Amazon ? Could you please give us some example ? I'm currently doing some shopping in Hong Kong. So far I've found that the best way to get the cheaper prices was either to buy directly from factories in China or through Amazon, to have the goods delivered to Hong Kong and then pick them up when I visit. If I buy enough stuff, the price difference cover much more than the return ticket Bangkok/Hong Kong. But if you say that Lazada is cheaper than Amazon, why bother ?

I understand Lazada can be very convenient if you live in the countryside but cheaper than Amazon ? Could you please give us some example ? I'm currently doing some shopping in Hong Kong. So far I've found that the best way to get the cheaper prices was either to buy directly from factories in China or through Amazon, to have the goods delivered to Hong Kong and then pick them up when I visit. If I buy enough stuff, the price difference cover much more than the return ticket Bangkok/Hong Kong. But if you say that Lazada is cheaper than Amazon, why bother ?

Thank you for your question. here is an example which will help get you refined :)

Before saying that Lazada is cheaper than Amazon, I tried searching for Kigone k5 speaker on both Amazon and Lazada

here is the result after I search on Lazada : http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=kingone+k5

most of items on result page cost 875 - 970THB with free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kingone+k5

the items on result page cost 41 - 60USD(or 1321 - 1920THB) with free shipping

That's why I think that if we are in Thailand, Lazada might be the one of top choices in our mind. May be shipping cost case Amazon more expensive than Lazada, I think.

Lazada wins hands down.

You can pay by PayPal ..... any complaint and PayPal refunds you.

Imports from China....... all tax is included in the Lazada price.

Not to mention delivery is free, and you can usually use a 10% discount token.

Cycling clothing and accessories are much cheaper than the Thai shops.

Just bought 10 LED tail-lights for my m/c from China, 200Bht delivered, that's 20bht each, cheaper than a normal bulb in Thailand.