Looking For Thai Sales Staff

Hi,

I am looking for some Thai sales staff and intend to put up an ad in some newspaper.

What do you think is the best option: using Bangkok Post / The Nation or local papers

like e.g. Thai Rath which might be more popular?

Thanks for any ideas.

cheers,

crockett

Hi,

I am looking for some Thai sales staff and intend to put up an ad in some newspaper.

What do you think is the best option: using Bangkok Post / The Nation or local papers

like e.g. Thai Rath which might be more popular?

Thanks for any ideas.

cheers,

crockett

I have found newspapers to be pretty poor for getting staff. Best is personal connections. Next best has been the online websites,where you get 100 applications and 95 are rubbish, but 5 are worth persuing;

jobsdb.com is the one that was most useful; I have hired perhaps 20 staff for various clients over the last few years, and almost all have worked out well; probably 15 came from contacts, and the other 5 were all online. None from newspaper (although did try). If i had to do it, BKK post all the way; Thai Raht is expensive and reaches hundreds of thousands of people including taxi drivers, maids and so on. Everyone reads it, but unless you want to target everyone, then better to focus on quality. If the job has anything to do with sales, then probably those type of people ready Thai Raht + Phoojudgarn + BKK Post, and so you could advertise in any; however most smarter companies don't use Thai Raht as it is too expensive unless you want to hire virtually anyone for doing something basic.

internet is cheaper and gets faster results, but you also would be wading through tons of inappropriate people who really shouldn't be allowed online as they offer nothing.

Much like webboards :-) I blame Al Gore for inventing the internet :o

Thanks steveromanino for that very informative reply.

Why did I not think of JobsDB in first place? :o

Fully agree that personal connections are the best way to find staff, but I think

for now I'll go with JobsDB. You get a lot of response there although - as you said-

95% is rubbish :D

Thanks again,

cheers

Crockett