The Russians are coming back to Pattaya?

dabhand

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that there were so many Russian Holiday Makers in Sharm El Sheik shows that they have found a way around the currency quagmire.

Of course they will return to Thailand en masse once they get their canceled holiday refunds. It's likely to be a lot of last minute switching..

At the end of the day, Thais are as pragmatic as they are emotional and though there are a lot of misgivings about Chinese and Russians, it's all about money.

Only saving grace is the Ruble is still screwed.

I recon this will be the worst High season pattaya has ever seen. ohmy.png

Will be great, not to see any of the middle aged T34 ladies from Russia with the purple or ginger hair.

around Jomtien. gigglem.gif

we live in hope.

Edited by onemorechang

Well I know one thing is certain, when they were here in large numbers, lunch at the Beach Club was very enjoyable indeed, check out my photo blog for proof of what I say. :)http://fivestarvagabond.com/russian-babes-pattaya-beach/

Bookmark this link for my Pattaya beach webcam which operates 24/7, http://fivestarvagabond.com/pattaya-webcam/

Such narrow-minded generalisations on this forum. How many Russians have you gotten to know to base your sweeping statements on or are these comments a reflection of the Fox News et al anti-Russian propaganda infecting America and Europe?

Of course there are bad apples in all groups. Remember that Middlesbrough <deleted> on Soi 6 a few weeks ago? Following the logic here, all English people here are scum. But they aren't, are they?

For all the business owners out there i hope they come back , along with many western tourists

They will be using Goa now more than before,why they ever came here at all surprises me

I haven't been there, but rumour is it is less expensive, as is Indonesia - Any comments/experience?

Loads,used to live there,beach and sea wonderful,half the price for booze less that that for everything else 'cept women

I can never understand the prejudice against Russians on this forum.

Of course, Pattaya attracts the Russian undesirables, just like it does the western undesirables ( if indeed you consider them undesirable because they dont

conform to your behavioural standards).

Like a previous poster, I too have lived and worked in Russia ( Moscow and Novosobirsk) and my ex wife is Russian.

Unlike some western nations who have problems with laughing at themselves, Russians do not and are great company, much like the Aussies.

Russians ( not the cheap Pattaya crowd) are some of the friendliest and well educated people you could wish to meet.

A number of the more affluent Russians have indeed bought property in Pattaya but, you will not find them on Walking Street.

Generalising about a race of people is somewhat primitive, dont you think?

Race yes. Culture and behavior ... hmm.

Culture and behaviour are as diverse as race. The lack of please and thank you in Russia shocked me initially but

it is not a mark of impoliteness, just a cultural difference.

Those unable to accept behavioural or cultural differences should really stay in their own country.

It is the differences in both that make living in a multicultural society so interesting.

Race yes. Culture and behavior ... hmm.

Culture and behaviour are as diverse as race. The lack of please and thank you in Russia shocked me initially but

it is not a mark of impoliteness, just a cultural difference.

Those unable to accept behavioural or cultural differences should really stay in their own country.

It is the differences in both that make living in a multicultural society so interesting.

I'm not a moron, dude.

I know all about Russian cultural differences. Duh. Such as the not smiling.

My grandparents all spoke Russian and made really good borscht, much better than I've had in Pattaya.

But am I correct that you don't live in Pattaya and take the baht buses regularly when the Russkies are in town?

The way they act, many of them, not all, is truly atrocious.

They push and shove to get on the buses at the Jomtien queue much worse than any nationality here.

The queue minders need to carry weapons and I kind of don't blame them.

Then they don't make space for others when it's crowded.

I was NOT joking about sitting on them. To get a seat, I REALLY do quite often need to sit on them.

And the people I sit on are ALWAYS Russians. Coincidence? Not a chance.

It's like they are 100 percent oblivious to anyone outside their group, unless they are also RUSSKIES.

No, this is real.

The American way of describing such obnoxious brutish behavior is asking: WERE YOU RAISED IN A BARN?

Yes, dude, as I said I'm not a moron.

I know there are cultured, educated, and polite Russians.

I have worked with some of them.

Not talking about them.

Talking about the RUSSKIE HERDS here in Pattaya.

Again, you don't live here, do you?

I get it. You want to be culturally sensitive, multi-culti, tolerant, "PC" etc.

I'm sorry. In this case that does not wash. The behavior I described is objectively very RUDE and awful. Can you even admit that?

I apologize if I have offended any Russians reading this who are not that way. I know you are not all that way. But I'm sorry, the behavior I described is simply beyond being "tolerant" about.

Edited by Jingthing

As for me I will come soon to spend 4-5 months in Thailand as usual. My favorite place is Krabi and I have met only nice people there does not matter what nations they are. But I understand we are not excellent. For example I suppose that Austarlia is place of ugly women and stupid men but anyway I pray : "God bless Australia" thanks to AC/DC, Electric Mary, Airbourne...

I must admit I'm looking forward to my favorite part of the Russian invasion.

Sitting on some Russkies on baht buses when three of them stretch out taking up the space of five or six and then failing to make any space when I board.

So just sit on them!

The shocking looks are priceless.

I do highly recommend.

So far none have punched me out ... but maybe check the Pattaya "press" for updates.

They were quite thick in Tops Central today, hogging the isles, seemingly blissfully unaware of others.

Now what is "excuse me"? I'll have to practice it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankBrfMjmC0

Russians are not a "race of people" - they are citizens of a nation.

IMO the world "race" is so vague it should be deleted from the English language.

Taking it from previous posts from you, you have traveled S/E Asia extensively. Good for you.

Why is it that Russian Tourists (or Investors) have accumulated such a negative image of themselves in such a relatively short period of time ?

Thailand is a truly cosmopolitan turf. All nations of the world congregate here.

Only problem is: It seems,nobody likes Russians, And Russians don't like the rest of the word That may well be the root of the problem.

Cheers.

just the effects of coldwar propaganda I think, most Thai probably couldnt tell the difference, and as a non US westerner they seem no different to any other eastern european to me

It is always dangerous to indulge in stereotyping.

However, having lived and worked in Moscow I can tell you that Russia has many delightful, well educated citizens who would never consider holidaying in a place like Pattaya.

Pattaya attracts some distinctly unsavory people from the West and Russia.

Last year in Samui I had a couple of Russians neighbours, extremely well educated, always smiling, with a real sense of humour, their little girl round 10 years old already speaking a good English and certainly more polite than many Western children.

Last month my neighbours were an English man with his Thai wife and 3 teenagers. They left the house last week, then we discovered one month of garbage stockpiled under the house, even thought the garbage collection is 300 meters away, really hard to believe.

So I do not know if it's dangerous to indulge in stereotyping but it is stupid for sure smile.png

Garbage collection is 300m away, hardly much of a collection service is it!

Must look more closely at that in the adverts, 100m from the Beach is usually the selling point !

Good and bad in all nationalities, the large number of Russians we get in Pattaya certainly include some surly and ill-mannered ones, and quite a few bad Brits, but the Chinese take our minds off them.

Edited by jacko45k

I can never understand the prejudice against Russians on this forum.

Of course, Pattaya attracts the Russian undesirables, just like it does the western undesirables ( if indeed you consider them undesirable because they dont

conform to your behavioural standards).

Like a previous poster, I too have lived and worked in Russia ( Moscow and Novosobirsk) and my ex wife is Russian.

Unlike some western nations who have problems with laughing at themselves, Russians do not and are great company, much like the Aussies.

Russians ( not the cheap Pattaya crowd) are some of the friendliest and well educated people you could wish to meet.

A number of the more affluent Russians have indeed bought property in Pattaya but, you will not find them on Walking Street.

Yes i totally agree Dennis .. most of the people ive met in Russia on my trips were the nicest people i think ive met in my travels ... ive always wondered why some countries wanted to make their life a misery in the past .. and present ... but we know how politics works facepalm.gif

Pattaya will boom if more Russian planes are down!

Most of the Russian women friends i know .. prefer to visit Turkey .. as per the Ruble rate is better than Thailand .. so maybe they will go there instead of Egypt... i know they say .. Thailand is such a long flight ....

Pattaya will boom if more Russian planes are down!

Most of the Russian women friends i know .. prefer to visit Turkey .. as per the Ruble rate is better than Thailand .. so maybe they will go there instead of Egypt... i know they say .. Thailand is such a long flight ....

Not from Siberia.

Garbage collection is 300m away, hardly much of a collection service is it!

Must look more closely at that in the adverts, 100m from the Beach is usually the selling point !

Good and bad in all nationalities, the large number of Russians we get in Pattaya certainly include some surly and ill-mannered ones, and quite a few bad Brits, but the Chinese take our minds off them.

Chinese herds on group tours following flag people are indeed a force to be reckoned with and you better get out of the way if you see them coming .

However, the INDEPENDENT Chinese tourists I've met in Pattaya, and there are more and more of them, I have found unusually polite and friendly.

A post violating forum rules has been removed from view. Further posts like that will result in a suspension of posting privileges.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

And while we are at it, please abide by this one also.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

We'll get Russians this season.

Many already here.

Clearly not nearly as many as previous recent years.

How to measure how many because of Egypt?

Maybe there will be news about this from the travel industry. Maybe there won't be.

Taking it from previous posts from you, you have traveled S/E Asia extensively. Good for you.

Why is it that Russian Tourists (or Investors) have accumulated such a negative image of themselves in such a relatively short period of time ?

Thailand is a truly cosmopolitan turf. All nations of the world congregate here.

Only problem is: It seems,nobody likes Russians, And Russians don't like the rest of the word That may well be the root of the problem.

Cheers.

In the pst some Russians have been rude and arrogant with me....no all but say 80%